Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Fogs To Brake

Seems things are seen as a bit complicated so thought I would try to break it down. Basically this is what you got with 1 brake light and 1 fog light.

brake_fog%20(3).jpg

What you want to do is this so when you brake the fog comes on

brake_fog%20(4).jpg

Only problem is that when you switch the fog light on the brake light comes on too so that's where the diode comes in, it's like a one way valve for electricity

brake_fog%20(5).jpg

So now the fog lights up with the brakes and not the other way about. It does not matter where you put the diode as long as it connects the feeds to brake and fog lights together with a diode between.

Excellent - NOW it makes sense - cheers Mac bow.gif

Now who's going to market this diode, bulb, holder and a few wires as a kit and make a mint?

Put me down for one  :winky:

Just put a diode in a bag and sell it on eBay for five quid. Seems to work for the "BHP mod" resistors! :P

You can get the dual filament bulb holder from the dealers, around £13 each :)

But what do they do / achieve can you not just use the original bulbs for both purposes - this topic is getting more confused........

the fog light bulbs have single filament bulbs (to act as fog light only), if you want to make it act as fog & brake/tail light then you need a dual filament bulbs (like the normal brake/tail light bulbs in the rear light cluster) so you need to change the bulb holders....if that makes sense :hehe:

The dual filament bulb is a different way of doing the conversion, you have a separate filament in the bulb for brake and fog.

You don't need it for the diode method as the same filament is used for both :winky:

The dual filament bulb is a different way of doing the conversion, you have a separate filament in the bulb for brake and fog.

You don't need it for the diode method as the same filament is used for both :winky:

Sorted, understood at last - cheers

Anyone wanting this mod doing i will get parts and fit for you (northwest only) you just pay the costs of parts, brake/fog or all 3 brake/fog/side lights but for all 3 you will need the dual bulb holder, pm me if you need help.

• 1 month later...

Right - sorry to drag this topic up again but I only tried installing at the weekend - guess what I couldn't get it to work - this is how far I got!

Connected in to nearside brake light feed, then ran cable ro nearside fog light feed.

Attached diode and then tested.

Result - Turn fogs on and off independantly - WORKS

Foot on brake - Fogs and Brakes come on - WORKS

PROBLEM - even after removing foot from brake everything remains LIT up, tried Diode in reverse still the same - Frustrated by this point!!! :duh:

Anybody got any ideas what the problem could be??

Thanks

Right - sorry to drag this topic up again but I only tried installing at the weekend - guess what I couldn't get it to work - this is how far I got!

Connected in to nearside brake light feed, then ran cable ro nearside fog light feed. 

PROBLEM - even after removing foot from brake everything remains LIT up, tried Diode in reverse still the same - Frustrated by this point!!!  :duh:

Thanks

-

Hi mate,1st thing how many diodes you using (i used 3 ) if you pm me your email address i will send you some pics of what to do :D

PROBLEM - even after removing foot from brake everything remains LIT up, tried Diode in reverse still the same - Frustrated by this point!!!  :duh:

Thanks

-

Hi mate,1st thing how many diodes you using (i used 3 ) if you pm me your email address i will send you some pics of what to do :D

I only used 1 :duh: PM sent - thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links