Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone experienced :

1 - ignition key suddenly only goes in halfway (drove home from work fine, went to go out later and this problem)

2 - WD40 - working the key in and out gradually got it to the bottom of the barrel (3/4 hour)

3 - 20 mins later I can just about get the Acc position and it seems to be going no further.

We go on a fortnights holiday in the car tomorrow!!!!! (or not)

Anyone any ideas????

common prob on is200/300  suspect the ls uses the same type of barrel. you will need a new barrel or a new lock kit.

If thats the case its not to bad from the states approx $100.00 dont know what the Lexus stealer would charge here in Blighty.

dont know what the Lexus stealer would charge here in Blighty.

HAHAHA thats very funny, I have never heard the term Lexus stealer. You could say that to their faces and they wouldn't hear it. I am going to try it tomorrow!

Cheers,

Leadfoot

• 2 weeks later...

Now returned from the holiday! B) B) B)

The Lexus stealers best offer was order a new lock and get it the following day for 75 squid - no use whatever! As a last resort I went to my local garage 100yards away after I'd stripped out all the dash around the lock, he came back, turned the lock to to Acc position (the key must turn to Acc for security), and poked a small screwdriver (could have been anything about 1 cm long and about 3mm thick - an allen key for example) and the whole lock just pulled straight out!

"Take it to MCS in Gillingham, they'll strip it and repair it for you!"

So I did, for 15 squid they stripped the lock, made me a new key, repaired the jammed .... err.... bits, 30 mins later I went home and slid the lock back in, all was rosy! We went on holiday and had a great time.

Any competent locksmith will do the above for the same sort of price.

Incidentally, MCS say they can repair/replace any Lexus locks and associated electronics for about 2/3 price of Lexus.

I will update this post with their add/phone soon as I can find it!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links