Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trd Black Housing Headlights

hey folks ...

just wanted to show u guys some new changes to my IS (pics fresh after installation ... fingerprints & dirt still evident on the car!!)

installed a set of TRD black housing headlights..... notice there is a slight blue tinge to it ... its not the glass (so it does not affect the color of the beam itself ... to remain street legal!). Its actually, blue material that is refracted by the deflector. When I have my HIDs on, it doesnt show at all :P ...

I'll be showin some pics after i get my car cleaned, since I also got coilovers installed too (after much IS200SUV critizism ... hehe)...

stage1.jpg

hey guys ... thanx for the nice feedback!! B)

regarding ur questions:

Pip: the headlight housing costs around 200GBP for the pair at the TRD&TOMs shop in HK .... nothin much involved really, just needed to pull back the wheel well lining behind the bumper, loosen a couple of screws around the headlights, and it pops rite out. However, I had to sacrifice my electronic beam level adjuster (the stepper motor that is attached to the original headlights). There is a manual knob on the TRD ones.

MartinC: mine are black.

I'll take some closeups and post em later ...

hey hansc .... no, it doesnt come standard ... it comes standard on some import Altezzas from japan with the "neo" pkg.

Regarding the price, it really varies .... if you buy 2nd hand that came off an altezza, you are lookin at around USD380 (or you can get a new fibreglass version for about the same price) ..... if you buy a new PVC one from japan, you r looking at USD650 alone for the bumper (not painted) ..

.... then u have to dish out USD250 for the fog lights. You can go for the taiwanese made fogs which are around 20% of the price, but they tend to melt the housing after prolonged use.

hey hansc .... no, it doesnt come standard ... it comes standard on some import Altezzas from japan with the "neo" pkg.

Regarding the price, it really varies .... if you buy 2nd hand that came off an altezza, you are lookin at around USD380 (or you can get a new fibreglass version for about the same price) ..... if you buy a new PVC one from japan, you r looking at USD650 alone for the bumper (not painted) ..

.... then u have to dish out USD250 for the fog lights.  You can go for the taiwanese made fogs which are around 20% of the price, but they tend to melt the housing after prolonged use.

I've been think (not a good thing for me :lol: ) and I'm defo gonna get a set of these could you post some info of where you got them from and any contact details ect ect

bernard,

thanks for the info..... well, i am currently looking for some altezza in malaysia (there are no lexus IS200 here)..... and definitely i am looking ones with the front end like urs.....lheheheh.......my personal fav....

found one last weekend but the dealer asked for RM 150,000 (approx 20k pounds UK or HK$300,000........

pretty expensive.....

.... then u have to dish out USD250 for the fog lights.  You can go for the taiwanese made fogs which are around 20% of the price, but they tend to melt the housing after prolonged use.

I've been think (not a good thing for me :lol: ) and I'm defo gonna get a set of these could you post some info of where you got them from and any contact details ect ect

Hey Robin .... I live in Hong Kong ... and I bought these from the Toms & TRD shop (which is the sole distributor of Toms and TRD products in HK).. .they have a few shops here. I can give you their contacts, but I'm not sure if they would be willing to ship to the UK (also don't know if u can justify the cost).

Lemme know if theres anythin I can help.

ahh I see

can anyone help

where can I get them in the uk

U might wanna PM Jdmguru ... cos I know he is an authorized trader on LOC .. and he is also located in HK (i think ?!) ....

I can keep my eyes peeled for u ... if a 2nd hand set shows itself ... and maybe source and send for u via snail mail .... (possibility) ....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links