Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Community

janey

I have taken this from elsewhere, I know the author won't mind me borrowing a slightly edited version.

After reading it, I wondered how many of you here feel the same way, I know I do.

As the author points out its all about community, we all in one way or another belong.

Maybe after reading, some of you may stop being so bl**dy minded, and play nicely :)

I have had a lot of cars. No really. A lot of cars.

My point is this:

I've bought a car, loved it then sold it because I was bored of it more times than I care to admit to. But the one difference is my Lexus. I kept it over two years and that is then ONLY CAR IVE DONE THAT WITH SINCE 17. I can count the cars I've had over 12 months on one hand!

I joined the Lexus owners club though and I loved being a part of a community with something so substantial in common. I say that because after a house, a car is usually the biggest purchase most people make.

Anyway I was wondering if any of you had found you hung onto your car longer if you joined a club and got inspired by other likeminded souls.

for example, I had had my Lexus a year when I first went to a JAE. I was ready for a new car but instead of wasting money on a new car I bought extras for my Lexus and it FELT like a new car for another year till I got my next car. Then after 4 or 5 months of ownership I decided I really had no use for the Lexus. the club had splintered and I had friendships that trancend anything auto motive so it didn't matter anymore.

Then, what do you know, two of those friends turn up with the same cars. Now there is three and before long it will be four. It makes me want to keep my car. I like that feeling.

Anyone else had a similar experience? 

Couldn't agree more Jane, it's true though, you notice more cars of the same model as yours, and when you get a nice comment when you stop does make you feel your part of a very big family and you'll keep the car much longer or be perpared to spent more to keep your car looking the bizz-niss.

That sounds familiar that - sure I've seen something like that somewhere?

It's true though, I've made a lot of friends via LOC, yourself and Barrie included and it's about more than cars, we'll still be friends even when the cars are long gone and we've all got our own yachts :lol:

Very few forums welcome 'newbies' like LOC, i know i was one!.. Members here show real concern and display a holding hand attitude, It's so visable here how people want to help/ advise almost to extreems, many times it's been said 'welcome' to family LOC. For sure all roses have thorns but it's the flower that counts not the 'prick'.

Recently I have been looking to get something quicker and more economical. Seen a few used BMW 330d that I have been VERY tempted with. (0 - 60mph around 7secs AND 42MPG and can be chipped cheaply for more power AND insurance is not too bad for the performance) :duh: :driving:

Probably the main thing stopping me changing is LOC. I just cannot see myself without this place! Plus I don't want the stigma that seems to go with being a BMW driver - so I just seem to spend more money on my car!

(Please don't send the boyz round now I've admitted to looking at BMW's :sick::crybaby: )

I agree, I would probably have got rid of my car by now, because i normally get bored with them after a year, but i have had it 2 years now and havent got bored with it at all,

A lot of it has to do with my second family (LOC) and the fact that i still love the car, and i dont think i would buy anything else but a Lexus.

Group Hug everyone :D

When my car was stolen ......... and I had to buy another one ......... I had thought of getting a range of other cars ...

Range Rover .........

BMW 330CI Convertible ..........

One of the things that actually made me get the IS3 .... was so that I could also stay as part of this "community" we have here ................ good thread Jane !

I moan at times, ... and can be annoying, but I loves ya all ! :blush: :D :wub:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links