Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Custom Parts

jasper

Tonight I have been speaking to a very good friend of mine. He has 20 years + experience in the aerospace industry and has just set his own company up and has all machines etc for all precision work.

I have primed him regarding custom work for the lex and he has said that all he needs is specific drawings and the exact metal required i.e. e17 aluminum (I think thats what he quoted).

He has said that engine work for example is a doddle i.e. for uprated internals :)

Also, I put to him the idea of lightweight flighwheels and crank pulleys (as they are doing in the states to reduce loss of power from flywheel bhp to wheels)

If this is of interest post here (not just main dealers in the uk) and I can have a word.

I though this may be good as he is a 1 man band with little overheads.

Jasp

uprated internals would most deffo be of interest to the turbo guy on here to run bigger boost!! :D

A few quotes for pistons and rods would be very usefull! ;)

Same as that :D

I'm sure in that respect Marcus would be interested also :winky:

Yep me all so.... :D

I was talking to JE about some pistons not to long ago.................and i was like :D when he told me the Price, he said all they need is a std IS piston to get all the sizes from it :winky:

I was talking to JE about some pistons not to long ago.................and i was like  :D when he told me the Price, he said all they need is a std IS piston to get all the sizes from it :winky:

machining pistons from billet would be tres expensive depending on the material used and there would be some amount of stages both turning and milling and grinding to get them precise plus the scallops out the bottom are an absolute pain to get right (i made some titanium pistons many moons ago ;) )

surely buying HKS etc will be cheaper than custom mades mind you a line of lightened pulleys i would be interested in

I was talking to JE about some pistons not to long ago.................and i was like  :D when he told me the Price, he said all they need is a std IS piston to get all the sizes from it :winky:

machining pistons from billet would be tres expensive depending on the material used and there would be some amount of stages both turning and milling and grinding to get them precise plus the scallops out the bottom are an absolute pain to get right (i made some titanium pistons many moons ago ;) )

surely buying HKS etc will be cheaper than custom mades mind you a line of lightened pulleys i would be interested in

Yea thats what im saying.......................Dont know about you guys but i would only get pistons from some where who have been makeing them for a long time, if you know what im saying ;)

But yea bits like the custom made pulleys and things like that i would be up for :winky: :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links