Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Induction Kits To Get With A Supercharger

vinokirk

Ive really been thinking about getting a s/c. I have £3k saved to do mods to my IS200 when i get it, but reading a lot of threads and people just seem to love the s/c!

I was wondering what so people think is the best induction kit to get with the s/c?

I was looking at the JCP IS200 induction kit from ASP. Would it be a fair statement to say that its not the best one??

What gives the loudest growl and that blow off noise people have been talking about?? oh prices and pics would be great!

Hi buddy, if you want an induction kit for the TTE Compressor then it's the TDI one mate, there's nothing else available, all the others are for standard IS200's, and the compressor kit means that they don't fit!

Anyway, the TDI is mega, the noise is incredible, forget any other induction kit you've ever heard, the TDI induction into the back of the supercharger makes it wail like a banshee - they're Dave Ellen's words from years ago, not mine, but I do agree...

And make it even louder still with the TDI air box - it amplifies the sound and people hear you coming for miles - put it this way - I have twin HKS Hiper exhausts and the silencer removed, and after 3000 revs the induction just roars it out with it's screaming...

And when you get the bypass noise that is something else, forget these quiet dump valves, this thing screams at you :lol:

Sorry, forgot the details!

You can see the kit here:

http://www.tdi-plc.com/is200.html

TDI carbon fiber induction system comprising of silicone supercharger pipe, filter unit, stainless steel hose bands. £205.00

Optional carbon fibre cold air scoop £195.00

Optional carbon fibre thermal heat barrier (can only be used with air scoop) £45.00

To be honest I don't know what the heat barrier is, but if it's an additional extra I think I'll be having one too :lol:

I got the HKS filter with mine but have since replaced it with the Apexi as it is just as good at flow and is much better at filtration....

Just had another thought, Prolex are offering a carbon fibre cold air box for normal induction kits which should also be suitable for this application!

That is £150

thanks aido!!!ps nice car, think i have told u that already! :driving:

cant c that on their site only the one for £185! so the s/c from prolex and the tdi induction kit from tdi-plc ???

what setups do other people have?

That's it mate.

There's only the TTE Compressor available - branded as Bemani or something like that in some parts of Europe I believe.

Induction is either the standard big black TTE airbox or the TDI induction - there are no other alternatives on the market yet!

Most people use the standard TTE induction and there are a few of us with either just the TDI induction or the induction and the TDI airbox...

Not sure of the price on the Prolex box, Dave had it listed at 150 on LOC the other day!

Cheers for the comments mate, needs cleaning still :lol:

She'll be back to her best one day ;)

do you have an uprated manifold and de cat pipe, or just exhaust? would uprated manifold do much?(im guessing yes).

Now im thinking-

s/c

ind kit

exhaust

lowering

tints

blitz front lip

instead of all the soundsystem ,screens, carbon fibre this n that, hoodstruts etc!

do you have an uprated manifold and de cat pipe, or just exhaust? would uprated manifold do much?(im guessing yes).

Now im thinking-

s/c

ind kit

exhaust

lowering

tints

blitz front lip

instead of all the soundsystem ,screens, carbon fibre this n that, hoodstruts etc!

At the minute mate I'm on the standard manifold which does need changing soon, then the exhaust is custom done so that it comes all the way to the cat - the silencer has been removed!

Looking at the posts recently a decatted manifold adds a tiny bit of power, whereas a race manifold as those offered by Prolex and soon TDI add more power.

The car will look nice when she's done mate, in fact it will be like mine so of course I'm biased :o

I am thinking of holding out for thr Prolex-Uk induction Kit! Mr Ellen assures me that the Apexi filter he will be using with his kit will filter more than the HKS one on offer from TDi. My Supercharger should be here very very sooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am thinking of holding out for thr Prolex-Uk induction Kit! Mr Ellen assures me that the Apexi filter he will be using with his kit will filter more than the HKS one on offer from TDi. My Supercharger should be here very very sooooooon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's exactly right mate, they flow about the same but the HKS isn't great for filtration - there was a test in a Jap mag ages and ages ago!

I just bought the Apexi filter from Prolex and use it with the TDI kit, as does Bazza - it works great :D

I also believe that Mark @ TDI offers the Apexi filter as an option with the kit.....

Bet you're getting excited about the SC Owen :D

Trying not to soil myself to much!! "The Don" is Flying over to help!!!

Gonna bring him out on the batter over here afterwards and get him in a bar brawls! Real Irish HOSPITALity

Keep Chris away from those pies :lol:

Like what you say about the hospitality over there, I'm half Irish but only been once, fecking loved it :D

Grafton St in Dublin, Cocoon I think the pub was called, full of Polish girls, *** that was a good night :lol:

When's it all happening as a matter of interest?

It's the Manc meet that weekend mate so I can't make it - would have loved to as well to be honest!

Even been asked to show my car at a local tuners the morning of the 18th at their open day, don't reckon I'll make that as I'll be in Manchester :D

It's the Manc meet that weekend mate so I can't make it - would have loved to as well to be honest!

Even been asked to show my car at a local tuners the morning of the 18th at their open day, don't reckon I'll make that as I'll be in Manchester :D

Well those dates aren't defo so....

I'll keep ya posted!

If we could get a few more bodies could make a weeken outta it!

i was wondeing, id the airbox is the thing that ive dotted, what is the pipe that ive circled??? is it a link to the same type of pipe on t'other side of t'engine?

call12371vf.jpg

:confused:

The top part of the air box with the L on it is the TTE air box, the other bit with dots on is the air scoop standard, the other bit is the air intake from the intercooler :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links