Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A quick question to all you lucky new GS 300/430 owners out there. (I hope to soon join you !!)

Does the Sat Nav on the New GS allow you to store personal points of interest (apart from possibly a 'Home' location)? If so how many?

I would find it useful to store around 50 or so but I'm not sure if this is possible on this system

As always, any advice/help always appreciated.

Thanks

The Ed.

My current say nat ......... 2001+ DVD based ............ allows you to store locations anyway.

Not sure how many, if as many as 50 ............. but I know you can store quite a few ......... IE freinds houses, locations ........ etc.

The existing GS satnav allows that - even on my CD version you can store up to 99 points.

I make them beep and use most of them to mark speed cameras as I come across them. Useful if you drive a road rarely and forget a camera is there, cos you get a beep about a quarter mile from it.

When you go into edit marked points, where you can set the name and icon, there's an option at the bottom of the screen to make it beep at you. I'd tell you the exact name of the button (chime? sound? summat like that) but it would involve

1) moving and

2) going out in the rain

which isn't going to happen right now. But mine is set (I don't recall how, poke about in Navi Options I think) so it defaults to making the sound.

I think you can have 99 points stored plus 5 specials. These specials are usually your 5 most common points so instead of searching for addresses you can just press a single button to pick the destination. I may be wrong but when you are driving I think you can still select one of these 5 destinations (plus home) but the normal searches are disabled.

You can also add a chime - it's on the same screen as the one that lets you pick what icon you want for a location on the LS so I assume it's the same on GS.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links