Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Will I Stop Before That Kerb..............

crazylex

Oh f***, why did I brake to late on that junction ?

Yes because I am a :tsktsk: :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

Here is the main result of hitting the kerb Link to pic

The shock has leaked, the wheels in the wrong place and the bumbers scuffed (bloody bollard) Plus the rear wheel took a scuff. The wings ok - thanks heavens for small mercys :huh:

The man is on his way to give his verdict.

And yes it does need a bloody good wash - I was going to work early to do it.

Yeah its worse then the picture shows really, the wheel was turned when it hit the kerb, so it pushed it back more than in

Although Genore just rub the scuff of the bumber with his hand, so that made me feel a bit better.

I basically need a strut and a few arms and a new wheel, or if anyone just happens to have the whole drivers side suspension ready for me to collect that would be good !

After the repair if you want i will check and adjust the geometry for you for 'free' :D  if only to ensure all is well.

let me know!.

I'm sure CrazyLex is from trinidad and tobago .......... :ohmy:

:blush: Well i can consult and validate the geo for him for 'free' then. Still was an honourable offer though :D ( team LOC ) :whistling:

Looks like I have got hold of the whole osf suspension for £150 - at last something to be happy about. and maybe a wheel as well.

I'll put pics up when done.

Thanks for offer of geom setting - its appreciated I might take you up on it, but I am in Leeds - will certainly need to speak to you for advice I am sure.

Rich

Looks like I have got hold of the whole osf suspension for £150 - at last something to be happy about.  and maybe a wheel as well.

I'll put pics up when done.

Thanks for offer of geom setting - its appreciated I might take you up on it, but I am in Leeds - will certainly need to speak to you for advice I am sure.

Rich

Please do!... as you know LOC is collaboration of skills that we share, all i offer is mine :D 'for free.' makes a real bad day a little better when you have friends.

The bloke who had all the suspension for £150, kindly sold it to someone else. :angry::angry:

Got some more - all pieces priced seperatley thus cost= higher, nice for them bad for me.

Always make a negative into a positive - here goes - some of the parts have got toyota parts labels on and look fairly new. :blink:

Getting the prices from Lex for a comparison, just faxed me 3 exploded parts diagrams :yawn:

After the repair if you want i will check and adjust the geometry for you for 'free' :D  if only to ensure all is well.

let me know!.

I'm sure CrazyLex is from trinidad and tobago .......... :ohmy:

but thats two places?

perhaps members should be encouraged to put in there location :whistling:

Its finished - geom aswell (thanks for offer Tony - I would have tried to make on Sunday if it had been set before then)

Here are pics of some of the damage -

IMG_1501.jpg

- along side a straight bar for comparison - the other bottom wishbone was also more bent than it should be.

IMG_1498.jpg

knackered alloy - its well bent - when rolled on a flat it steers to the right !

IMG_1502.jpg

The wheel in the correct position

And finally -

IMG_1503_2.jpg

Just an extra shot for the sake of it.

I was suprised at how simple it was to refit it all back together. Everything was changed including the complete strut and the top wish bone.

Its great to be back on the road - and out of our Transit - but I am sure I could have had IMI the other day when following him :D :D - especially over the speed bumbs :D :D :D

Looks like a good repair, well done!..... Any chance of seeing the Geom report :P

GEOM CHECK done by me !!

IMG_1506.jpg

:D :D

Fortunately - its was checked by a pro (albeit - probably not in your league) - but he had the gear.

'Mate' bad day, good day? book in and come on down and i 'will' set-up the car for 'free'...... hows that for a deal!.... this is not a shallow offer!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links