Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'd like to see them try this in the USA!

Here, any gimmick will do to screw you for more tax, lets face it they have to come up with something to justify the fat salary and pension.

We should ask the politians to look at a map of the UK and explain to us why a country this size, taxed to death and after death does not have the highest standard of living in the world.

If we kept our noses out of other peoples busines for a while, and only imported genuine workers, maybe the slide to a third world standard would at least slow down.

Common Market........gravy train for failed politians, if it's so great why don't the

Swiss join.

:offtopic::tomato::angry:

Hi Guys, went gold last week expecting better debates!!!!!! can't believe no one has got back about this issue, this is a fact its going to happen, are you happy to accept this! i thought that you would have serious issues about this, obviosly not. I suppose you think that what the car costs another £200 a year don't matter, well it does to me .

Has no one else got an opinion on this disgraceful tax!!!!!

I think it stinks to be honest! The whole government and motorist enforcments etc! From fuel prices, road tax to how the police seem so keen to lean on drivers in general. This debate could get nasty. Think the way the governemnt look at it though is, why are big 4x4s selling like hot cakes at the moment? Do some people actually need them? Who knows what the F :tsktsk: k goes through that idiot Tony Blaires mind? :duh:

This government has wasted so much of our (the taxpayer) money it has left a big hole in Gordon Browns finances, so what do they do? cane us with stealth taxes,put car taxes up.detrunk some major roads so that local county councils have to pay for their upkeep,instead of central government,so to cover the extra cost,council tax goes up :angry:

Protest won't work - 1 million people went to London to say they didn't want a war in Iraq but this bunch of lying two faced opportunists just ignores the public. The answer is simple - buy whatever car you want and at the next election just vote them out.

They do not fear peaceful protest but the thought of them falling off the gravy train works every time.

Protest won't work - 1 million people went to London to say they didn't want a war in Iraq but this bunch of lying two faced opportunists just ignores the public.  The answer is simple - buy whatever car you want and at the next election just vote them out.

They do not fear peaceful protest but the thought of them falling off the gravy train works every time.

Until they manage to pull the wool over everyones eyes again!! Labours follows are slipping though! Trouble is, there all as usless as the next!

Peace of nonsense.... don't we pay enough tax through the fuel already... and what is next ? TVR's etc use more gas than mine...

ooo...and if I can afford a new RX300 I can afford an extra £200 a year to run it... :driving:

Finally.... I do about 8k miles a year... if someone does 20k miles a year in a car that has half my fuel consumption then they use more gas and emit more CO2 etc... targetting 4x4's is not exactly a thought through idea, just an easy target.

Protest won't work - 1 million people went to London to say they didn't want a war in Iraq but this bunch of lying two faced opportunists just ignores the public.  The answer is simple - buy whatever car you want and at the next election just vote them out.

Well put Rillo, i am so bloody angry about this, i can't believe that only a few people have posted on this, why do they just accept it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well put Rillo, i am so bloody angry about this, i can't believe that only a few people have posted on this, why do they just accept it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok another post if that is what is required. My view? Well, am I happy, no! Surprised, not really! 4X4 are a current easy target - bad PR and all that! That said all of us who do not immediately sell our RXs are, by default, accepting the tax. It is a purely optional tax, like all car tax, if we want to avoid or at least minimise then we should all drive Saxos.

We live in a democracy, if the politicians do things which annoy us, vote them out, if they are all rubbish, stand for elections and change things our self, if that does not work move to a county which has more agreeable politics.

All options completely within our control - so in a nut shell we all will choose whether we want to pay the extra £200 - it's our choice.

John

The trouble with these eco nobs is that they never see the bigger picture. No industry has done more (especially in Europe) to make cars less polluting and use less fuel. However all they bleat on about is 4*4s.

If they were serious they would get to the airport and try and stop scheduled flights because every single take off will emit more crap into the air than a 4*4 does in a whole year.

They also forget to mention that the vast amount of CO2 going into the air actually comes from agricultural waste such as cow poo, heavy industry and from mother nature naturally.

And if they were really serious they would go to China (obviously not flying) and try and stop them from building their planned 600+ coal fired powerstations. Because when they come on line your average 4*4 will be emitting clean air and rose petals in comparison.

It will never happen of course and these d*ckheads will just keep on prostrating themselves in front of the Land Rover production line for cheap effect.

So as I said before - buy whatever car you want and enjoy it.

This tax woulds be is disgrace. I never voted for the lefty nobs in the first place.

You're not wrong about flights emitting more crap into the air either.

I fly the big ships for a living. A typical flight from the carribean to London can burn typicaly up to 85 tonnes one way. Yes, that 85 tonnes of crap delivered straight into the ether out he back.

Hasn't stopped us taking the PM on his hols though.

Just holding for take-off at some busy American airfiels you can burn at least a tonne or two before you even get into the air.

Taxing 4x4's is a pitiful excuse to put more money into the tresury coffers and will do absolutely nothing to cut back on environmental damage.

Just my two pennith for what its worth

RxMike

Hi,

What's N.O.T.World? I've not seen any recent information along these lines on any motoring site/mag (ABD/Piston Heads'Auto Express etc.).

There was a suggestion a while ago that 4 x 4 road tax should be significantly increased but it seemed to have 'gone away'.

Cheers,

Dieter

PS. I didn't vote Labour :yack: cos I work for a living

N.O.T. World is "news of the world"...I think.

I also have seen nothing about it on any other sites, and if it is up to the usual reporting standards of the general press then the report has a good chance of being a load of boll*cks.

And...nope..no way I voted "new" labour...

Question from a work colleague ...

Define 4x4, does it cover Jag X type (4x4) (she has one), Fiat Panda (4x4) from a while ago (she used to have one), Jensen FF (not Button!) the original sporty 4x4.

Is there a link to the article?

Probabaly Fergy is correct - a loada b*ll*cks

About time too I say................. :shutit:

Don't see a 2 litre IS200 being exactly fuel efficient !!!....wht not sell it and get a diesel corsa and be more environmentally efficient ??

Ooo...and as you drive a gas guzzling auto I can't see you being in a perfect position to comment :whistling:

About time too I say................. :shutit:

Don't see a 2 litre IS200 being exactly fuel efficient !!!....wht not sell it and get a diesel corsa and be more environmentally efficient ??

Ooo...and as you drive a gas guzzling auto I can't see you being in a perfect position to comment :whistling:

Hey, lates face it the IS compared with other 2 litre cars (petrol) is not that thirsty in my opinion. OK the omissions are not great - excepted.

Auto - well I live in london so needs must, and wouldn't call it gas guzzling I drive very restrained.

What I am referring to is mothers on a school run who blatently do not need a car of this type - its just for effect. In my job I am required to have Compact Exec so hands were in someways tied - how about you?

I must say though - reel them in :P

PS - I voted Labour, and am not ashamed to admit it, at least I have a job under the labour government!

Auto - well I live in london so needs must, and wouldn't call it gas guzzling I drive very restrained.

Auto a must ???? Surely more like a luxury...that adds to the gas guzzling ?? :P

Why I end up with a 4x4 (which is actually front wheel drive till it detects slip and then changes to power the rear wheels...or so I was told)..cos I wanted one..

Auto a must ???? Surely more like a luxury...that adds to the gas guzzling ?? :P

Why I end up with a 4x4 (which is actually front wheel drive till it detects slip and then changes to power the rear wheels...or so I was told)..cos I wanted one..

If you have ever drove in London you will understand why I went for the Auto - Its a must in my book!

Yours is exactly the attitude I was on about - Ok you wanted one, not a problem - but this is what the taxation is trying to curb, you don't actually need one (a 4 x 4 SUV that is)

Anyhow I don't really care - I don't pay the car tax!!! or petrol come to think of it :P :P and double :P :P

If you have ever drove in London you will understand why I went for the Auto - Its a must in my book!

Yours is exactly the attitude I was on about - Ok you wanted one, not a problem - but this is what the taxation is trying to curb, you don't actually need one (a 4 x 4 SUV that is)

Anyhow I don't really care - I don't pay the car tax!!! or petrol come to think of it :P :P and double :P :P

:tomato: DJ Gee, i find your comments a bit sad, dose'nt your Labour controlled job allow you to drive a 4x4 suv in there budget.

I think that you should be allowed to own and drive a 4x4 suv and not be told by some jobsworth what we should drive, by the way i drive in London, and yes my car is auto because thats what i choose, not as you say a must just because you drive in London. Have a nice day.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links