Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wine, Beer, Or Spirits?

aido

Just wondered what you guys drink in general, what's your favorite tipple?

I'm supposed to be losing weight so started drinking wine and that stuff gets me slaughtered, nice bottle of Rose last night with the neighbours and I couldn't stand up!

The 5 pints of Stella might have helped there though!

So what do you guys go for?

I drink all three, pretty much anything except for Whiskey :sick:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys rotate your drinks or just stay on the same thing?

I get bored of pints after a while and have to move onto spirits, unless I've had a bad day and in that case I get on to half pints of spirits with a mixer :o

I also seem to lose the taste for a drink after six months to a year and start drinking something new, used to drink only Bud for 18 months, then moved onto Corona for a few months, before settling on Stella and Guiness :D

If I am out for a meal I'll start with a couple of beers and then be on wine all night - usually red - but sometimes white is a better accompanyment. (spelling?)

If i'm out on the town - I again usually start with a couple of beers and move to Southern Comfort and Red Bull (If you haven't tried it you need to ! :D )

Depends how much of a session it is really - sometimes the shots come out - round my way they do a potent looking concoction called a sqaushed frog - i could drink them all night though - the base is advocat so it's sweet :blush:

I am a lager man but much prefer a good session beer like Old Speckled Hen or Old Perculiar if I can get hold of it - I'm also a sucker for John Smiths and IPA

Hell - I'll drink anything if you give it to me :shifty::hehe:

Grolsh of Asahi for beers.

Lots of dry white wine, Pinot Grigio and Prosecco faves at the moment.

Red wine when the winter nights set in.

Good gin and tonics, has to be import strength Taquarey. Lots of ice and lime and bitters Hmm!

If I am out for a meal I'll start with a couple of beers and then be on wine all night - usually red - but sometimes white is a better accompanyment. (spelling?)

If i'm out on the town - I again usually start with a couple of beers and move to Southern Comfort and Red Bull (If you haven't tried it you need to !  :D )

Depends how much of a session it is really - sometimes the shots come out - round my way they do a potent looking concoction called a sqaushed frog - i could drink them all night though - the base is advocat so it's sweet  :blush:

I am a lager man but much prefer a good session beer like Old Speckled Hen or Old Perculiar if I can get hold of it - I'm also a sucker for John Smiths and IPA

Hell - I'll drink anything if you give it to me  :shifty:  :hehe:

'kin hell, thought I was the only person warped enough to try southern comfort and red bull, that stuff is lovely :D

Even got a bottle in the kitchen for warming up before going out!

Jaegermeister and Red Bull is another of my favorites, just struggle to find it over in the UK sometimes :(

I had a night where I tried everything on the top shelf with red bull, bacardi and rb is minging, but sambuca and rb is ok, if you can get past the appearance!

Wish they'd release Mountain Dew in the UK as their energy drink, Amp, goes great with vodka, and it looks electric green - awesome combo, but they all looked at me strange when I mixed them together?!

PS - I come from a brewers background as well as a farming one - this is what my uncle does (as well as have a hotel and far too many pubs in the area)

If you want whisky - he's your man - if he hasn't got it he'll know where to get it.

He's just bought a case of wine from france for around £16k :blink:

He said though - muppets are silly enough to drink it so he'll keep selling it to them !

Have a look..............

J Wadsworth Wines & Spirits

PPS - here's an extract..........

Over 400 different Malt Whiskies

22 Irish Whiskeys

55 Vodkas

36 Cognacs

50 Rums

25 Bourbons

65 Sherries

35 Schnapps'

100 beers, real ale, kegs and polypins

Over 900 wines

500+ miniatures

270 liqueurs

39 Brandies

11 Armangacs

25 Gins

70 Ports

14 Tequilas

Gift cases available

Blimey that's some serious cash!

Have to admit the more I earn the more I spend on booze :lol:

At xmas I was bladdered and too bloated for any more lager so just asked for a bottle of Moet with a straw :lol:

Wasn't exactly a cheap round but I was bladdered, had to get a lift to and from work the next day!

Wish they'd release Mountain Dew in the UK as their energy drink, Amp, goes great with vodka, and it looks electric green - awesome combo, but they all looked at me strange when I mixed them together?!

Try a Green Monster.........

You'll need 1 pint glass.....

Half a pint of lager, 2 shots of vodka, a shot of blue curaceau (spelling?) and then top it up with cider to the brim.

Proper stuff - 2 pints and i don't know what to do with myself !!

I should stop drinking really :whistling:

Am I the only one on here who doesn't drink ? :blink: I used to go out every night of the week and get sloshed, but found that I was stooping into depression the next day, so eventually (after many years) I gave it up and spent the money on gym membership and car cleaning stuff. :duh:

I'm not saying you shouldn't drink, It's just that I don't. So please don't go thinking I'm one of those preacher freaks :P

:lol: I'll stop at the blue ****, once tried that mixed in with Stella and it made me hurl big time!!!

Not a cider fan either so that would have me chugging away!

I used to like power / turbo shandies, whatever the local variant is, Stella and Smirnoff Ice mixed in a pint pot, I got so drunk on that stuff I threw up and never even noticed, just blinked and felt a lot lighter :lol:

:lol: I'll stop at the blue ****, once tried that mixed in with Stella and it made me hurl big time!!!

I used to like power / turbo shandies, whatever the local variant is, Stella and Smirnoff Ice mixed in a pint pot, I got so drunk on that stuff I threw up and never even noticed, just blinked and felt a lot lighter :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I got a little tipsy last night, funny you say you are menat to be loosing weight and keeping off the beer, all ive done of late is drink beer and lost over 2 stone in 5 months!! :D

Its the woman that drive me to drink, although my job don't help! :P

Am I the only one on here who doesn't drink ? :blink:  I used to go out every night of the week and get sloshed, but found that I was stooping into depression the next day, so eventually (after many years) I gave it up and spent the money on gym membership and car cleaning stuff. :duh:

I'm not saying you shouldn't drink, It's just that I don't.  So please don't go thinking I'm one of those preacher freaks :P

Yeah been there mate, when I first moved out I was out every night of the week, was having women trouble at the time so I was drinking massively, surprised I'm still here to be honest! I was seriously trying to drink myself into the ground at that point!

Got exactly the same symptoms as you describe the next day though, I don't tend to drink as much nowadays to be honest, if I have a lot of Stella I can't stop thinking about a certain bird so we get in touch and then just end up arguing like mad so I'm always wary of it now!

Been good lately though so have been happy when I've been drinking, it's amazing how much different your nights can be depending on your mood!

:lol::lol::lol:

I got a little tipsy last night, funny you say you are menat to be loosing weight and keeping off the beer, all ive done of late is drink beer and lost over 2 stone in 5 months!! :D

That explains why I don't drink - I'm single !! :lol:

Its the woman that drive me to drink, although my job don't help! :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links