Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could It Be Is430

yep that is the is430............however its only a test bed,both myself and tony goose helped a little on the wireing on the car earlier in the year,at the moment there having launch control problems and therefore the supercharger wont be fitted till there sorted,i go to TTE several times a year.

i have a few very good friends there in the development area,...........

on your way to TTE would it just so happen that a supercharger might just find it's way into a backpack?.

Then suddenly find a way in a box flying to Australia?? :blush:

IS TTE making a Supercharger just for the UK IS300? I heard this from my dealer.

without giving to much away......TTE are working on a supercharger for the IS300.

they do have already in production superchargers for:

yaris(and a turbo)

rx300

is200

and turbo for the celica,and yaris

and chip upgrades for the new Rav4 including....diesel...which makes a cracking improvement

nope..................

the car will never be released for production in this bodyshell,i can assure you of that,the is430 will be first seen in the new shape IS Models..............

the present shape car is being used as a mule for development,there aew several in the making

1.silver is430 TTE...(only show car doesent run)

2.black is430 TTE...(running....no supercharger auto)

3.silver is430 TRDUSA...(running...no supercharger )

4.black is430 TOYOTA JAPAN (running ...manual)

5.silver is430 TOYOTA JAPAN (running ...auto)

m4103118.jpg

now which one could this be..................... :rolleyes:

also i would say that i doubt toyota will change the physical floor of the car now knowing they can get the V8 into it.....so i would guess that the next generation IS will look something similer to the picture.......you can see in the roof line that this is basically a present IS/Altezza facelifted,which in my personal view is the best move Toyota could make......facelift dont change a already proven platform..............

we know the V8 Fits so will the V6,which falls into the info i heard over a year ago that all future Altezza/IS Models will be of the "V" Configuration and does this confirm this also

f21031_big.jpg

i am back at TTE start of 2003,i will see what else i can find out,and give a sitrep on the IS430 they have

My information is, the 'IS' replacement, either facelift or all new is not due until 2005, looking at all the information that's around at the moment, it's my guess the is430 will be launched later next year in a limited edition run.

well i am only saying ,from what i know directly from the people at TTE who are building the is430............

the problem is Toyota corp will not supply engines/geartrain and looms to either TTE/TRD.for productiuon perposes,this i have known and posted for nearly a year............

the engine and geartrain/loom for the TTE cars came from a brand new ls430 which TTE had to crush and send back to japan once the engine and geartrain were removed...............this was to make the development process as hard as possible to replicate.

Supercharged.

the engine and geartrain/loom for the TTE cars came from a brand new ls430 which TTE had to crush and send back to japan once the engine and geartrain were removed...............this was to make the development process as hard as possible to replicate.

Does this include the IS430 that was photographed at the Nürburgring ring in Septemeber, complete with disguise kit and revised muffler system and revised front and rear fenders.

Link is below

http://www.sportscartesting.com/news/lexus...s/id438/pg1827#

seems a bit of waste to carry-out all that development work and then 'can it', sounds like another company I know.

Supercharged.

Does this include the IS430 that was photographed at the Nürburgring ring in Septemeber, complete with disguise kit and revised muffler system and revised front and rear fenders.

Link is below

seems a bit of waste to carry-out all that development work and then 'can it', sounds like another company I know.

I think the link is dead, anyone else having probs?

Link is below

Link works for me.

How do we know if that is an IS430 though, it could just be a 200 with body bits stuck on.

Who knows ????

Link is below

Link works for me.

Oh yeah, NTL Dial up has been crap tonight! :excl:

that is not the TTE IS430............that as far as i am aware is the is300SC.........Which is a development mule.....for the s/c and other chassis refinements on the is300.......as i have said the TTE is430 is black........only the show car is silver.....infact ...the pictures in file format that were posted show the black is430

is430

this is the is430.....without supercharger fitted.......see that mass of cables in the ecu.......myself and tony goose soldered them......pesky wires,i was supposed to be given a lift in this car when i was last there,but a member of TTE was a little to eager to test it.....and screwed the ecu.....again :baaa:

Link is below

Autocar had pictures of this car a few weeks back (again, at the 'ring) and they said it had a fantastic V8 note.

ok peeps as i said earlier the car seen at the nurnburgring,is not the is430...i emailed my pal at TTE this weekend ,and this was an extract of his email back to me...........please pass the word wide and afar...especially those Americans,who honestly belive there getting the is430 soon

email from TTE:

.....I expect you´re talking about a silver one with Belgium plates and body extensions ????

I´ve no clue.

No, I´m kidding it´s no IS430 it´s only the technicals from the IS successor packed into the current Bodyshell.

regards,

• 5 weeks later...

the V8 platform is ok, but the turbo 2j would be much more pleasing to some of us

the new V6 platform should be out in 2005, the V8 will probably come in that model, even though toyota hasn't officially sanctioned anything

how are things coming along supracharged?

-gte

First 2jzgte / 6 speed swap

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links