Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Error3

Ellz

Just put in 2 new CD's made bad noises and now when i try and play error 3 comes up.

I have done a search Scar face and found lots of results so dont moan. ha ha ha :D

Its just in the other cases the headunits have all had the cd slot under the lcd display, i have the one with the cd slot above the display. The car is a X reg 2000 model.

After about an hour fiddlin round i got all but 1 cd out, now it doesnt even register a cd is in there and i cant even load cd's in. My car is out of warrenty and this looks like it could be expensive :tsktsk: any advice would be very very welcome.

Cheers Elliott

I too had the error3 fault and my cd player is also out of warranty. I wrote to Lexus with a small hope of them replacing it. They replied today with a big NO. Apparently the reason for the error3 fault is a disk jam, caused by

"incorrect loading of CDs, or loading CDs of poor quality such as copied ones"

They also tell me that

"Correct opperation of the unit is clearly detailed in the owner`s manual including a notice warning of the consequence of incorrect opperation".

So basicaly according to Lexus GB, all owners of an IS200 do not know how to operate their CD players correcly, and there is no common fault associated with the device. They have however made some minor modifications to the unit.

Thanks Lexus for such a fantastic car, shame about the audio system!

I too had the error3 fault and my cd player is also out of warranty. I wrote to Lexus with a small hope of them replacing it. They replied today with a big NO. Apparently the reason for the error3 fault is a disk jam, caused by

"incorrect loading of CDs, or loading CDs of poor quality such as copied ones"

They also tell me that

"Correct opperation of the unit is clearly detailed in the owner`s manual including a notice warning of the consequence of incorrect opperation".

So basicaly according to Lexus GB, all owners of an IS200 do not know how to operate their CD players correcly, and there is no common fault associated with the device. They have however made some minor modifications to the unit.

Thanks Lexus for such a fantastic car, shame about the audio system!

Ive read up and its about 250 to get it replaces, im think i can get a brand new good after market head unit for that, so im thinking i might go down that route????? what do u think???

Cheers

Good quality aftermarket headunit, eh? Not as simple as that...i've had the same prob with my 99v is200...thought i'd do the same, but the lex unit runs thru a lex amp and then to the speakers...aftermarket headunits aren't compatible with this amp so you'd have to bypass it...and then the speakers wouldn't sound as good!! So u could buy a new headunit plus a new set of speakers. Lexus quoted me £800 for a new standard unit... :unsure: cos it's out of the 5 yr warranty...so i've hooked up my iPod with a wireless iTrip transmitter for the timebeing!! If u have a solution let me know cos a dead Battery on the iPod=no more tunes at the moment!!

Good quality aftermarket headunit, eh?  Not as simple as that...i've had the same prob with my 99v is200...thought i'd do the same, but the lex unit runs thru a lex amp and then to the speakers...aftermarket headunits aren't compatible with this amp so you'd have to bypass it...and then the speakers wouldn't sound as good!!  So u could buy a new headunit plus a new set of speakers.  Lexus quoted me £800 for a new standard unit... :unsure:  cos it's out of the 5 yr warranty...so i've hooked up my iPod with a wireless iTrip transmitter for the timebeing!!  If u have a solution let me know cos a dead battery on the iPod=no more tunes at the moment!!

Is the standard amp intergrated into the headunit or is it hidden somewhere seperate??

If i get a aftermarket HU they come with a amp, would this really make the speaker sound that bad, and how hard is it to wire the lot up???

CHeers Elliott

Good quality aftermarket headunit, eh?  Not as simple as that...i've had the same prob with my 99v is200...thought i'd do the same, but the lex unit runs thru a lex amp and then to the speakers...aftermarket headunits aren't compatible with this amp so you'd have to bypass it...and then the speakers wouldn't sound as good!!  So u could buy a new headunit plus a new set of speakers.  Lexus quoted me £800 for a new standard unit... :unsure:  cos it's out of the 5 yr warranty...so i've hooked up my iPod with a wireless iTrip transmitter for the timebeing!!  If u have a solution let me know cos a dead battery on the iPod=no more tunes at the moment!!

Is the standard amp intergrated into the headunit or is it hidden somewhere seperate??

If i get a aftermarket HU they come with a amp, would this really make the speaker sound that bad, and how hard is it to wire the lot up???

CHeers Elliott

I beleive the amp is seperate not sure where but im thinking its somewhere behind the glove box?

yeah apparently its behind the glovebox...hard to integrate a new amp wit the lex speakers...if ur gona do anythin...change the WHOLE lot!! If ur cars an x reg...they may change the unit even tho its (just) out of the extended 5 yr warranty...out of goodwill. Its worth a try!!

i have this prob but even though theres 6 cds jammed in it the unit said there was 5 tonight so i pressed load and the heap of crap took another cd so now my 6disk changer now has 7 disks :angry:

Ha ha ha i kept doing that and it gave them all back bar 1.

Lexus contacted me today and said they'd fix it and warrenty it for £185 sounds ok to me?????

i have this prob but even though theres 6 cds jammed in it the unit said there was 5 tonight so i pressed load and the heap of crap took another cd so now my 6disk changer now has 7 disks :angry:

Ha ha ha i kept doing that and it gave them all back bar 1.

Lexus contacted me today and said they'd fix it and warrenty it for £185 sounds ok to me?????

Hi

A soultion may be the one i have just undertaken. Ive had a 10cd autochanger fitted into the boot, and wired the system through an fm modulator attached to the back of the original head unit (as i have sat nav, aftermarket was not really an option). The autochanger is operated by a smal control panel fitted in the gap under the heated seat switches. Sound quality is excellent and it cost £270 fitted!

Hi all.

my first post ,had my is200 for a month and its a stunning car,

i am having the error 3 show up on the display also,but what i have found,and so as everyone probably ,is that al the disks i have a problem with are light coloured cdr`s.i`ve now tried dark coloured cdr`s(verbatim)and everthing plays perfect.the disk reads quicker and returns back to the same place when turning the car off and back on.

hope this is of any help

neuty

last cars: civic sport, civic type-r. is200 the out right winner

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links