Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking To Buy An 2002 Is200 Se

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and would appreciate any help you can provide.

I am looking to buy a 2001/2002 IS200 SE, as a non lexus driver currently i am not aware of the usual quirks of such models. Is there anything you would advise checking when i goto look/test drive any cars. Also do you think it is worth paying the extra premium of buying from a main lexus dealer.

Once again i would appreciate any asistance you can give me and hope to be driving my Lexus very shortly.

Thanks

Steve

Also do you think it is worth paying the extra premium of buying from a main lexus dealer.

Welcome to LOC :)

Personally I would get the car from a main dealer - it's a gamble really, you buy privately, save some money but if a problem develops in the first year you have to pay to have it fixed, if you buy from a dealer you get a very comprehensive one year warranty on the car which is very useful - I had a few parts changed under that!

Good luck in your search!

If you can afford it ....... I'd go main "Lexus" dealer.

I bought my current IS3 from eBay ..... but that was a one off ! Was bought from the dealer six months previous, and still have warranty remaining !

My First IS200 was bought from a Lexus Dealer ............. better off really!

If you've got the money, get if from a main dealer.

I bought mine from ALD Automotive - a company that flogs ex-company cars / ex-finance cars. This is the 2nd car I've bought from this company and had no probs. The thing is I only do about 5-6000 miles per year, so a high mileage car ain't a problem for me.

Would you recommend a Main Lexus dealer over a dealer of what they term Prestigious cars

Definitely, you only get the Lexus warranty if you buy from a main Lexus dealer, unless the car is within an existing warranty period with Lexus in which case the warranty follows the car no matter how it is sold - it's a risk buying from a prestigious dealer as much as buying privately as you aren't getting that approved Lexus warranty which is very very good - better than those crap one's you can get off other companies!

Thanks to everyone for their help. I will be going to look at a couple this week and hope to have make a purchase by next week.

I look foward to joining the Lexus fold shortly and speak to you all again soon.

Hi Mate

how much are you looking to spend on you lex?

Due to the help of everyone here i have just made my purchase,

I am now the proud owner of a 2001 IS200 SE. Lovely looking car inside and out, it is Kensington Green wit 39,000 miles on it. will post some pics when i pick it up next weekend.

Looking forward to getting behind the wheel, I have to say reading lots of the posts on this site helped me make an informed decision on the right car. I am sure you will see more of me around here in the future.

Thanks again

Steve

I bought from from a TVR garage locally as the nearest Lexus garage was having problems sourcing a black IS which is what I was after. Looking back though, id go privately next time, just check the alloys, FSH is a must and overall body work condition.

Good luck in you're hunt and welcome to LOC :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links