Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Scrotes At It Again Help Please

Damer

My sister and her hubby have just scared off dodgy looking blokes from their house. They live in Teeside on quite an exclusive development and have a 54 plate M3 Convertable, Range Rover and Merc outside. The "geezers" were writing down the reg for her M3.

Front door of house also seems to have been tamplered with. :angry:

When confronted by her hubby they said they were just turning round, but as they live 1/2 mile down a private road seems very odd.

She also has 6 month old twins and is naturally worried for their safety.

Car are now garaged, but she is worried about them coming back. Local coppers seemed disinterested.

They have got the reg for the car the "geezers" drove off in how do we get this checked?

Thinking is if we have proof there is a dodgy car in the area police might be more interested.

Thanks in anticipation.

If you post up the plate of the scrotes car can run it against RAC and DVLA to see if it matches the car. Some amy be able to do more ;)

Be warned they may well comeback for the keys ( don't want to scare you ) but they will break in the house to get them if you are there or not :( With multiple cars sometimes worth leaving one blocking in the others to make there job harder.

Should some of the members that oversee the crime scene may be able to offer further advice.

Don't sound good at all, just be vigilant. Ever thought of installing CCTV?

They have 3 trained gun dogs, both are shot licence holders and loads of security lighting. Main concern is if the scrotes try the to get into the house, the twins etc.

I thought people can check vehicle regs? if so anyone point me in the right direction?:unsure:

Why would they want her reg, to clone it? :unsure:

If you post up the plate of the scrotes car can run it against RAC and DVLA to see if it matches the car. Some amy be able to do more ;)

Be warned they may well comeback for the keys ( don't want to scare you ) but they will break in the house to get them if you are there or not :( With multiple cars sometimes worth leaving one blocking in the others to make there job harder.

Should some of the members that oversee the crime scene may be able to offer further advice.

Can I post the "suspect" reg with out getting into legal hassles?

Try here then "Vehicle Enquiry":

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortal...?SKIN=directgov

And also RAC ( you may need to register - fairly easy ):

https://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle...738742F65E5411B

Car Buying / Vehicle Data Search ( DVLA )

Try here then "Vehicle Enquiry":

http://www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk/EvlPortal...?SKIN=directgov

And also RAC ( you may need to register - fairly easy ):

https://www.rac.co.uk/web/carbuying/vehicle...738742F65E5411B

Car Buying / Vehicle Data Search ( DVLA )

Steve thanks for the pointer.

According to DVLA the last V5 was April 04 and is currently unlicenced.

Sorry for being a numpty, it sounds dodgy but what does this mean?

Also eBay!

Click "Sell Your Item", sign in, click "Automotive", "Continue", "Cars", any make, "Continue", enter the registration plate, "Continue". Will bring up a lot of the vehicle info (make/model/colour, etc) so you can check to see if it looked genuine.

Can I post the "suspect" reg with out getting into legal hassles?

our gold forums are private :whistling:

For a relatavely small amount you can get small safes to keep keys in (£30?). They usually have bolt holes for securing if you have somewhere solid.

I've seen them in B&Q and Robert Dyas.

I think the best deterrent is probably the CCTV idea with which you could place a PIR light right next to the camera, out of height range, so the light comes on and they notice a camera right next to it - you've been framed !

Thanks everyone.

She is gonna use the DVLA to regester it as an untaxed car on the road. Start locking keys away, dogs are sleeping in the house rather than outside in the kennels.

• 1 month later...

Brief update on this story. So far no one has tried to pinch her cars, thanks goodness. Although today her neighbour has just got speeding ticket even though he was out of the country, seems like they have cloned his car!

Although her and hubby don't learn. After attracting unwanted attention with an M3 Cabrio and Range Rover, they have now traded the Range Rover for a new M5! :o

They get on Saturday, I am a bit jealous. :tsktsk:

Brief update on this story. So far no one has tried to pinch her cars, thanks goodness. Although today her neighbour has just got speeding ticket even though he was out of the country, seems like they have cloned his car!

Although her and hubby don't learn. After attracting unwanted attention with an M3 Cabrio and Range Rover, they have now traded the Range Rover for a new M5! :o

They get on Saturday, I am a bit jealous. :tsktsk:

Always knew 'Bond type' revolving plates were a good idea!

But also, re security. You can fit a hidden Battery cut off switch, (though not sure how this goes with all the Alarm systems!) Get a good DEADLOCKED-at several- places Front door fitted.

Get to know all your neighbours/'Watch' type scenario...but, if you're all out working to afford 3 fancy cars.....Trouble with all these cars....no garage! It's a bit like leaving £20k in cash lying about? It gets to be familiarity too. Can't be bothered/too busy, etc....My LS400 has its Battery disconnected during the week. (originally cos it kept draining, but, makes a good security angle too)

But also, re security. You can fit a hidden battery cut off switch, (though not sure how this goes with all the Alarm systems!)

Fit a small (e.g. 5A) fuse across the Battery cut-off switch. This'll keep the clock, alarm, ECU, etc. happy, but will blow instantly if someone tries to start the car without switching the cut-off back on.

But also, re security. You can fit a hidden battery cut off switch, (though not sure how this goes with all the Alarm systems!)

Fit a small (e.g. 5A) fuse across the Battery cut-off switch. This'll keep the clock, alarm, ECU, etc. happy, but will blow instantly if someone tries to start the car without switching the cut-off back on.

Thanks! I'm off out to sort that out! Will save me undoing the terminals each time!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links