Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance Premium Loading

I recently picked up a fixed penalty and 3 points for an SP30 and declared the conviction to my insurers as required by the policies. I have a full no claims bonus, drive a low annual mileage and before the conviction my licence was clean.

My motorbike insurers, Bennetts, issued a new policy schedule noting the conviction - no additional premium.

My car insurers, Admiral, wrote to me advising that they were charging me an additional premium because of the conviction which amounted to 43% - yes, that's FORTY THREE PER CENT - of my annual premium. In addition they loaded my wife's premium by 15% because I am a named driver on her policy. I assumed that the 43% must be an error but several phone calls and e-mails later confirmed that it wasn't and that the loading was non-negotiable. Unbelievable!! :angry:

I'm currently looking to move my business elsewhere.

Tell em to stick it up their :tsktsk: mate.

If you've already got full no claims then you're not gonna gain much seeing that policy out to the end.

Admiral can be wierd, I've binned a policy with them before as they make up some stupid rules, like with this car they wouldn't cover the factory kit and wheels :duh:

Admiral charged me an extra £25 for the TTE lip spoiler (for those of you who don't know it's a inch wide piece of plastic on the boot lip)

They said it made the car 'more desirable'.

Nobs.

I wouldn't have bothered declaring to be honest, plead stupidity as alot the genuine stuff like spoilers can be factory fitted and not show up on the cars details.

43% does sound ridiculous, like the others have said, if you have no claims, just switch mate.

on another insurance i have they charged me an extra £40 for three speeding points (premium of £320)

they also insisted on a cat2 immobiliser, wanting better security i had a cat1 full system installed and they gave me £3 discount :crying:

blooming ridiculous :crying:

I recently picked up a fixed penalty and 3 points for an SP30 and declared the conviction to my insurers as required by the policies.  I have a full no claims bonus, drive a low annual mileage and before the conviction my licence was clean.

My motorbike insurers, Bennetts, issued a new policy schedule noting the conviction - no additional premium.

My car insurers, Admiral, wrote to me advising that they were charging me an additional premium because of the conviction which amounted to 43% - yes, that's FORTY THREE PER CENT - of my annual premium.  In addition they loaded my wife's premium by 15% because I am a named driver on her policy.  I assumed that the 43% must be an error but several phone calls and e-mails later confirmed that it wasn't and that the loading was non-negotiable.  Unbelievable!!  :angry:

I'm currently looking to move my business elsewhere.

Just fixed up replacement cover which is actually cheaper than the Admiral premium was before the 43% loading!! :) After getting a few quotes on the internet, the best deal was with Elephant...........which is part of the same group as Admiral. Weird!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links