Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help: Blitz Sc

chisiang

Hi!

I recently bought a used Blitz SC at a bargain. The only problem is - it doesn't come with ECU. So I bought a Power FC.

Got the mechanics to fit it. All went well. All bolts, nuts, brackets, pulleys are present, including the relay and the clutch switch, except the boost sensor.

Now, when my mechanic turn on the ignition, the supercharger just went wild at idle!!!!! :o The supercharger just started spinning and spinning at idle. You can hear it a blocks away!

My mechanic told me that the supercharger is supposed to be triggered by throttle position but they couldn't figure out why it was on even at idle!? :duh:

They traced the clutch switch wires and the only wires that connects to the ECU was earth and one other is a yellow wire which is unknown, but definitely not throttle position signal.

Can someone kindly help me point out what was missing besides the ECU please? :crybaby: Or it is not possible at all with Power FC? :mat:

Cheers.

Hey...

Okay.

Blitz don't supply an ECU.

They supply a Fuel Computer which you have wired in i assume.

They also supply a TPS unit. Open this up and there is a potentiometer which if adjusted sets the throttle position for the clutch to clamp in and spin the s/c

Yes the Power FC will work, i am doing the very same soon as i get a header and remove the main cat.

Yep.. its loud lol

If you need wiring diagram or pics just say the word :)

Wow! Thanks for the prompt reply Mr Singh!

Alright. I took a few quick pictures of the parts.

These are what I've got.

clutchswitch.jpg

^

Clutch Switch

Just a rectangular black box with 4 wires sticking out. The RED wire goes to the ignition, the black to the ground, the yellow one to the ECU, and the blue wire to the relay.

relay.jpg

^

Relay

The relay was pretty messed up by the previous owner. The mechanic sort of poke it around with a probe and did some trial and error on it. So I would love to know exactly how many wires there should be.

coupler.jpg

^

Coupler

A wire goes to ground, and the other to the relay that's all I know.

What I suspect is that the wiring on the relay could be messed up, REAL BAD.

That's all I have. Couldn't locate any Fuel Computer nor TPS unit :crybaby: Can you post picts of the Fuel Computer and TPS unit so I can try to get it from the previous owner or buy it. :)

Thanks!

Wow! Thanks for the prompt reply Mr Singh!

Alright. I took a few quick pictures of the parts.

These are what I've got.

clutchswitch.jpg

^

Clutch Switch

Just a rectangular black box with 4 wires sticking out. The RED wire goes to the ignition, the black to the ground, the yellow one to the ECU, and the blue wire to the relay.

relay.jpg

^

Relay

The relay was pretty messed up by the previous owner. The mechanic sort of poke it around with a probe and did some trial and error on it. So I would love to know exactly how many wires there should be.

coupler.jpg

^

Coupler

A wire goes to ground, and the other to the relay that's all I know.

What I suspect is that the wiring on the relay could be messed up, REAL BAD.

That's all I have. Couldn't locate any Fuel Computer nor TPS unit  :crybaby:  Can you post picts of the Fuel Computer and TPS unit so I can try to get it from the previous owner or buy it.  :)

Thanks!

Here is the wiring diagram

Altezza-wiring.jpg

Does that box have a RED LED on it?

Here is the wiring diagram

Altezza-wiring.jpg

Does that box have a RED Led on it?

clutchswitch.jpg

There's no RED LED on the box. I opened up the "clutch switch" rectangular box and there is a potentiometer in it! Next thing, I traced the yellow wire and it was connected wrongly! It was connected to pin 10 of socket 5, instead of pin 23 of socket 2, which is the throttle position signal!! :yawn:

Gonna get my mechanics to try the wiring again later today. And hopefully I can get it dyno tuned by tomorrow. And then replace my final drive with the stock 4.3. I think my current 5.1 is overkilled with a SC.

Thanks for your help again Mr. Singh, you're THE man! :winky:

It's fixed! :driving:

A W E S O M E . . . . .

Scared the sh|te out of the pedestrain when the supercharger kicks in :lol:

The surge was tremendous with my 5.1 final drive. Next is to get it tuned properly tomorrow :shifty: and a BOV soon.

Thank you for the useful diagram Mr Singh! :winky:

EXCELLENT :D

I have a Blitz s/c on my car too :D

And BOV - http://golfpics.worldfreeweb.com/P9040118.MOV

Did you get a dyno result? And does the car bog out at all?

Mines terrable :(

Supercharger rulez!! :P

Yeah, got to get a BOV. It's making a strange "pop" sound from the air filter everytime the throttle is released.

I'm trying to book a dyno appointment tomorrow but they're closed already (It's 6.30pm here in Singapore).

Meanwhile, I'm gonna try to get some basic settings right for tonight (cos I do not have the fuel computer) so I can enjoy a little boost without damaging the engine :driving:

Just found a altezza supercharger club in Japan, but after the babel fish translation they don't really make much sense :mat:

http://yachi76ers.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ACL/ACL.html

http://www.geocities.jp/yachi76ers/

Yeh, thats why i installed the BOV. A guy in Australia who runs one in his car said it really helped absorb gas's, and it improves performance.. although others don't see how :P

Yup, thats s/c owners group in Japan, i spoke to the owner of the site - Yachi - and its clear to see they can't speak english to save there lives haha!! :lol:

They all run HKS F Con Pro and Apexi Power Fc, they tell me that once its setup with the ECU with a high performance header and de-cat, its very nice to drive.

Let us know when you get dyno :)

You have any other performance mods?

Hmm... I've only got the Blitz Sonic filter, a 5.1 FD, a Toda 5.8kg flywheel, Exedy Metallic single plate clutch, TRD clutch cable, Ignite Rev. That's about it.

The rest of my modifications are more visual than performance oriented. The regulation here is extremely strict. Having a SC is one of the worst of all offence! That's why I had to blacken my intercooler.

The rest of the stuff I've got:

Blitz R-Vit (Rendered unusable by Power FC)

Blitz R-Fit (Rendered unusable by Power FC)

Blitz Power Meter i-D III (Rendered unusable by 5.1 FD)

Blitz MMD i-Color (Power and Torque function rendered unusable by 5.1FD)

Blitz Bucket seats

Blitz Racing Meter DC II

Wald Bodykit

Night Pager CF bonnet

Luftdrag 18"x8 wheels

Cusco Zero1 coilovers

Cusco Front Strut

Next in line:

Do Luck Floor Support Bar

Do Luck Rear Cross Bar

Blitz Oil Cooler

Tabata Radiator

HKS Racing Headers

Wishlist:

Blitz Nur Spec Exhaust (highly illegal here!!)

Toda 2.2 stoker kit ($$$$$$$$$)

Toda 268 deg cams

TRD LSD

Very cool!

Does the 5.1 FD make much of a difference? any more info on that?

I don't think the stroker kit will work with boosted engine, its probably more suited to use with high compression tuning etc N/A

Very cool!

Does the 5.1 FD make much of a difference? any more info on that?

I don't think the stroker kit will work with boosted engine, its probably more suited to use with high compression tuning etc N/A

The Final drive is a 5.125 made by Bori's Factory. Well, when I got it fitted at first, I felt that there was no difference at all! Everything felt the same. So I called my mechanic and complaint to him that it was a ripped off. He laughed and told me to ignore the speed reading on my speedo because the true speed is about 83% of the shown speed.

True enough, after ignoring the speedo, I zoomed into the first WRX that strayed into my path. :shifty: At 1st, 2nd and 3rd, the acceleration is good, wheel spin when shifting from 1st to 2nd. The WRX could not catch up. :lol:

With the 5.125, the only real threats are the STi, DC5, Z33 MT, CT9As, 34s & 33s. Nevertheless, anywhere after 3rd you will be running out of steam. But it's great for the road here due to the heavy traffic and low motorway speed. Top speed of the 5.125 is about 210 kph.

You may need to shift 2 gears down to over take due to the closer ratio.

Here is a gear ratio of the 5.125

sxe10-51.gif

As for the 2.2 stroker kit, Toda makes 8 types of stroker kit for the 3SG:

NA Tune

13000-3SG-200 86mm X 93mm 2161cc COMPRESSION 12.6:1

13001-3SG-200 86mm X 93mm 2161cc COMPRESSION 12.6:1 STRENGTHEN

13001-3SG-200 87mm X 93mm 2211cc COMPRESSION 12.8:1

13000-3SG-200 87mm X 93mm 2211cc COMPRESSION 12.8:1 STRENGTHEN

FORCED INDUCTED

13000-3SG-2T0 86mm X 93mm 2161cc COMPRESSION 8.6:1

13001-3SG-2T0 86mm X 93mm 2161cc COMPRESSION 8.6:1 STRENGTHEN

13000-3SG-2T1 87mm X 93mm 2211cc COMPRESSION 8.8:1

13000-3SG-2T1 87mm X 93mm 2211cc COMPRESSION 8.8:1 STRENGTHEN :wub:

Very cool!!!

Racing M3s is fun also :P

How much does it cost for transmission mods like that? 1st and 2nd is good, but i fine 3rd not to be as close as 1 and 2..

I'm looking at the TODA Cams, i don't see the point of going lower compression if i can't increase boost due to the slightly complex pulley on the s/c. If there was enough room the double pulley on the alt, that could be enlarged to push boost upto 0.8bar which should be good for 30bhp..

Oh, i highly reccomend a TRD Quick shift :)

I bought my final drive 2nd hand. It only cost about 90 quid :P I'm the 4th owner I think. But the labour (here in Singapore) is 120 quid :crybaby:

I think there are quite a few used parts here going at dirt cheap price. As the production for the RS/AS stopped, and very few (RS200) owners left here. From what I can recall, there's only about 50 RS200 left on our roads (and heaps of IS200).

-----------------------------

I'm also pondering betwenn the higher lift cams (which need strengthen valve springs and I will lose my VVTi) or just the mild lift ones (which is less ideal). :duh:

Anyhow, bought a Blitz Dual Drive Super Sound Blow Off Valve (*what a mountful*) but my mechanics were too busy today, and the dyno's fully booked today and my tuner was also busy. Have to wait till tomorrow........ Can't show off during tonight's Altezza/IS200 meet. *sigh* :yawn:

I bought my final drive 2nd hand. It only cost about 90 quid  :P  I'm the 4th owner I think. But the labour (here in Singapore) is 120 quid  :crybaby:

I think there are quite a few used parts here going at dirt cheap price. As the production for the RS/AS stopped, and very few (RS200) owners left here. From what I can recall, there's only about 50 RS200 left on our roads (and heaps of IS200).

I'm also pondering betwenn the higher lift cams (which need strengthen valve springs and I will lose my VVTi) or just the mild lift ones (which is less ideal).  :duh:

Anyhow, bought a Blitz Dual Drive Super Sound Blow Off Valve (*what a mountful*) but my mechanics were too busy today, and the dyno's fully booked today and my tuner was also busy. Have to wait till tomorrow........  Can't show off during tonight's Altezza/IS200 meet. *sigh*  :yawn:

Lucky u!

If you see any second hand parts for RS200, please e-mail me! (am(at)bladeice.com)

Heres a piccy of the same BOV installed on my car :)

garage_mod-2442-1114626675.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

Nice! You polished your inlet manifold as well!

Do you have your BOV's springs changed to the shorter ones? As I know the stock ones are meant for boost between 0.8 to 1.2 bar, while the shorter ones goes from 0.6 ~ 1 Bar. :geek:

Alright, I will keep a lookout for used parts here. At least I can verify the conditions of those parts :winky:

But to remain just and fairness, I will only source and check the conditions of the parts for you guys, and you need to laise/corresponds with the seller directly. I just don't want pple to think that I will profit from the transaction. :tomato:

Where can i get a shorter spring? From Blitz maybe?

Yeh polished the inlet, if i can pick up another one i will have it chrome plated... its hard to polish in all the small crevices!

No probs on the parts :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links