Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Aristo V300 Turbo Replacement

Naz

Hi All

First of all, let me congratulate all the members for running such a helpful and informative forum. As you can tell I am new to the forum but have been a regular visitor for quite some time. It's great fun if you love Aristos!!

A quick one if anyone can help? How easy is it to change the turbos on the Aristo?

Mine are still ok but are making a whining noise after 2000 revs (its like an ambulance siren in the distance!) so I am thinking of changing them before they pack up on me. The car has done 100k miles (nearly all motorway).

Cheers

It's not a job you'd want to attempt on your drive way, you'll need to raise the car up on ramps rather than jacking up. Sourcing the Turbo's is now easy now that I know where to go :lol:

10 Hours if your not sure to remove and another 5 Hours to refit, a garage that knows the job can do in less than 2 days normally.

That whining you hear are the turbo's on their last legs, sounds like the primary turbo is the one, depending on the driving, maybe another 2 - 3K miles if your lucky. My motor has done 108K as well before they went on mine.

Is your's the MK I or MK II ?? I know of serveral garage's that are easily capable of doing the job.

BR

Paul

Hi

Thanks for that guys. I have just been told that the whining noise could be due to the "sequential / changeover valve" and may be not the turbos themselves. As I mentioned, the car has mainly done all motorway miles and is immaculate inside out, so the turbos should not have been hammered that much in principle.

Paul (Norkep!), mine's a 1999 Aristo so I suppose a MK II. I have done about 4k miles since I bought it without any noticeable problems and with the same noise.

How loud was the noise on yours? Mine is not very loud but noticeable nevertheless.

Cheers!

P.S. BTW how do you put an attachment on this forum?

Naz - During the early stages, the whin was only noticable when cold but as soon as she warmed up, the whin went, the whin was more of a distancent police siron rather than a loud whin. It suddenly went without any extra warning apart from the whin, the car still goes even with a blown turbo but it smoked a bit during period when the turbo went.

One thing I have noticed is that before, the car spent unburnt oil out for the first second or so during cold starts, but since having the turbo's replaced, there's been none.

• 2 weeks later...
Naz - During the early stages, the whin was only noticable when cold but as soon as she warmed up, the whin went, the whin was more of a distancent police siron rather than a loud whin. It suddenly went without any extra warning apart from the whin, the car still goes even with a blown turbo but it smoked a bit during period when the turbo went.

One thing I have noticed is that before, the car spent unburnt oil out for the first second or so during cold starts, but since having the turbo's replaced, there's been none.

Thanks for that mate.

Does anyone have any info about my other query: "I have just been told that the whining noise could be due to the "sequential / changeover valve" and may be not the turbos themselves"?

Regards

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links