Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Took My Is200 For An Mot On Saturday.....

kam05

Took my IS200 for its MOT on saturday and it failed on its tyres (all 4).

Bought four Avon Z223's for £340 fitted.

Been an expensive weekend.... :sad:

o dear

you on the look for some new ones

Have already bought new tyres, bought four Avon Z223's for £340 fitted mate, tyres did look boader line legal to me, but the MOT tester didn't agree with me....

o dear

you on the look for some new ones

Have already bought new tyres, bought four Avon Z223's for £340 fitted mate, tyres did look boader line legal to me, but the MOT tester didn't agree with me....

i went to a garage the other day and the fella told me about these tyres he said all the new Mondeos have them on and they are pretty good

let us know how they are

£340 is quite good though. Normally looking at at least a £100 a corner... Dont kow what your Avon Z223's are like for grip, life etc. but do let us know.

D.  B)

You are right, was gonna go for Dunlops/Goodyear/Bridgestones, but these would have cost me £150 a corner each :excl: But decided to go with the Avons. Have had these Avons on the car since Saturday and they seem OK so far, in terms of noise and grip. Will have to give them more time to tell how they wear etc....Was told Avons are middle of the range tyre, they are not budget tyres...

Not meaning to sound like I'm getting on my soapbox here guys.....but your tyres are all there is between the car and the road!

You should check the condition of your tyres weekly, along with the pressure.

True, was hoping my old tyres would pass, coz things are a bit tight at the moment, in the middle of buying a house. Like you say, tyres are the only contact between you and the road, so these should be in tip top condition

Not meaning to sound like I'm getting on my soapbox here guys.....but your tyres are all there is between the car and the road!

You should check the condition of your tyres weekly, along with the pressure.

Well said! Check mine on a weekly basis and never scrimp on the cost when it comes to tyres and the breaks!

MOT for mine end of the month so fingers crossed! :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links