Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Exporting A Lexus Gs300 To Oz

Hi,

I will shortly be emigrating to Perth and I am planning to take my 2003 GS300 SE satnav / levinson with me. I wondered if anyone on the forum had done anything similiar or knows anyone that has done and had any experiences they could share?

Taxation for imports is quite complicated and I have made a calculation that I'm happy with...but I'd be intrested if anyone has experience or tips in relation to the Perth dealer, Lexus Australia, servicing imports, type approval modifications, costs, selling the car in Australia etc etc.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Marcus.

is it worth it

immediate questions are :

will sat nav be any good

is it worth the shipping costs

resale values would be lower being it an import

i believe you would be better off selling it here and buying another when you are out there

is it worth it

immediate questions are :

will sat nav be any good

is it worth the shipping costs

resale values would be lower being it an import

i believe you would be better off selling it here and buying another when you are out there

I agree with Barrie..................A friend of mine emigrated a few years ago,and he was going to take his Merc with him,but after looking at all the pros and cons decided to sell it and buy another when he got to Perth..................He was a bloody good Mechanic as well,still looking for one to replace him :o

Thanks all.

In terms of shipping and import costs (import tax, GST - like VAT and luxury car tax) I understand these and am happy with them (well as happy as you can be!). Total cost of my UK car, plus import costs should still leave me with a car I know and that is cheaper than buying the equivalent there. Lexus Perth wants $AUD54000 plus stamp duty for a 2003, which equates to about £24000 UK for a 50K miler with no satnav. I reckon I can take my own for £19000 inclusive of buying the car off lease and all other import costs.

I'm really looking for experience or tips in relation to the Perth dealer, Lexus Australia, servicing imports, type approval modifications and costs associated with this, plus any issues with subsequently selling an import in Australia.

One thing I do know is that European car parts (Audi / Merc etc) cost far more than Japanese or Australian cars there, but the GS300 is both Japanese and pretty common, so I cannot see how that would be a problem. I also trust that I can change the satnav DVD to an Australian disc.

Cheers,

Marcus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links