Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dunlop Sp 9000

Lexmar

Hi all

I have found two listings for the Dunlop SP 9000 tyre. One is shown as "Dunlop SP9000" and one as "Dunlop SP 9000 Lexus". Can anyone confirm that the lexus one has a wider sidewall that covers the edge of the wheel rim to protect it?

Many thanks. :)

Hi all

I have found two listings for the Dunlop SP 9000 tyre.  One is shown as "Dunlop SP9000" and one as "Dunlop SP 9000 Lexus".  Can anyone confirm that the lexus one has a wider sidewall that covers the edge of the wheel rim to protect it?

Many thanks. :)

Yes it does confirm....thank you!

The difference between the Lexus OEM and standard isn't the rim protector, both have that. The Lexus OEM has a stiffer sidewall.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...ex_v2&id=88&c=5

If you have a mix of normal and Lexus ones, will that effect driving and control ? I don't know what I have but they are all SP 9000 and I am due a couple.

The difference between the Lexus OEM and standard isn't the rim protector, both have that. The Lexus OEM has a stiffer sidewall.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge...ex_v2&id=88&c=5

How can you tell the difference? Are there markings on the tyre to say which one it is?

D'oh......just read the link and that answers the question.

Many thanks.

Ah, well if you searched you would have found! :P

Seriously though I know what this site is like as it has loads of info.

I posted about this a few months ago as I was confused as my IS200 has SP9000's on it.

See for yourself ;)

post-4479-1117793849.jpg

The one on the left is the Lexus type with a wider rim protector and the right is the standard.

What confused me even more is the Lexus type is made in Japan and the standard made in Germany. Last week I needed a new tyre, ordered the Lexus type (Japan), and guess what it was the standard thinner rimmed tyre but was made in Japan!!!

I'm not sure about the future of the SP9000 as I've been told by a couple of garages that it has been superseeded by the Maxx (as Fluff has mentioned). But a number of garages have also said that isn't true - so who knows!

Anyway, hope this helps.

Ah, well if you searched you would have found!  :P

Seriously though I know what this site is like as it has loads of info.

I posted about this a few months ago as I was confused as my IS200 has SP9000's on it.

See for yourself  ;)

post-4479-1117793849.jpg

The one on the left is the Lexus type with a wider rim protector and the right is the standard.

What confused me even more is the Lexus type is made in Japan and the standard made in Germany. Last week I needed a new tyre, ordered the Lexus type (Japan), and guess what it was the standard thinner rimmed tyre but was made in Japan!!!

I'm not sure about the future of the SP9000 as I've been told by a couple of garages that it has been superseeded by the Maxx (as Fluff has mentioned). But a number of garages have also said that isn't true - so who knows!

Anyway, hope this helps.

Thanks very much for the info. This all started because I had 4 new Sp9000's put on by Lexus Guildford about 4 weeks ago. Didn't think anything of it until last weekend when I drove up a kerb to get out of the way of an ambulance. In the process I scratched the alloy and ripped a lump out of the sidewall of the tyre (it always happens when you have new tyres!!!!). I then put the spare on SP9000 which had a large rim of rubber to protect the alloy. This is when I looked at the new SP9000's and found they didn't appear to have the rim protector.

They are made in Japan so at least they are the right one for the car!

Just need to fork out another £100+ at some point to change the spare!!!!

V Frustrating!!!!! :angry:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links