Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adaptive Front Lights...

Starting to notice that the left hand light does not appear to e"b2nd" round the corner like the right and one. Anyone know if a light will show if there is a fault with it ?

Both move but not always at the same rate. So for example one moves and then a fraction of a second or so later the other one does. They also don't move below certain speeds (15mp I think). Their movement is also dependeant on steering angle and roadspeed.

I just had to have the height sensors replaced as the AFS light was flashing on the dash. They would stop adjusting themselves and would either be pointing up too high or too low as well as not turning to the left or right around corners. Now all is OK again though after the sensor being replaced.

br

D

Hi Fergy, i think you will find only one light turns on corners so as not to blind on coming vehicles, thats what my local Lexus dealer told me. Also if you drive abroad you have to switch the facillite off.

Bartier,

to take you off on a tangent what exactly do you need to do with the adaptive lights when going abroad? Is it possible to fit the headlight beam reflectors yourself/do they work? I seem to get conflicting advice. Any suggestions welcome!

Hi Fergy, i think you will find only one light turns on corners so as not to blind on coming vehicles, thats what my local Lexus dealer told me. Also if you drive abroad you have to switch the facillite off.

Bartier,

to take you off on a tangent what exactly do you need to do with the adaptive lights when going abroad? Is it possible to fit the headlight beam reflectors yourself/do they work? I seem to get conflicting advice. Any suggestions welcome!

Just above the petrol cap release is a black button just push it and it's sorted, no more adaptive lights. Don't know about headlight beam reflectors though. :P

I use the beam deflectors from Halfords and fit myself. Lexus do a DIY universal

kit but I found it dificult to use. The new round ones are best as they deflect the beam without loosing too much of the lighting power. I must admit to leaving the adaptive lights on when driving on the continent.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links