Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nottingham Car 4 Wheel Alignment Ltd

daniel

Hi

In my year of so of mostly lurking here Ive noticed quite a lot of us IS 200 owners live in Nottingham.

My front tires are scrubbing on the inside, and prompted by reading the archives here about wheel alignment, Im about to get mine checked. Has anyone here used Nottingham Car 4 Wheel Alignment Ltd, and if so what are they like?

Ta

Daniel :driving:

Hi

In my year of so of mostly lurking here Ive noticed quite a lot of us IS 200 owners live in Nottingham.

My front tires are scrubbing on the inside, and prompted by reading the archives here about wheel alignment, Im about to get mine checked. Has anyone here used Nottingham Car 4 Wheel Alignment Ltd, and if so what are they like?

Ta

I assume you have read through the 'wheels and tyres section here' if yes :D then you can understand there is a set-up issue on the IS200/300/SPORT and SC, anywere can resolve this for you but only with the 'new data', do you want help with that data?

I assume you have read through the 'wheels and tyres section here'  if yes  :D then you can understand there is a set-up issue on the IS200/300/SPORT and SC, anywere can resolve this for you but only with the 'new data', do you want help with that data?

Hi Dr

'Wheels and tires section'? There is alot to read :blink: - an on going project

Set up issue with the IS200 ? I've gleened that the IS has a negative camber that helps with performance, but scrubs the inside edge of the tread - so its your duty to throw the car around corners and get two wheels to lift off the ground in order to even the tire wear :D .

Help with that data? Yes please, sure, but how much is it going to cost me :winky:

Cheers

Dan

I assume you have read through the 'wheels and tyres section here'  if yes  :D then you can understand there is a set-up issue on the IS200/300/SPORT and SC, anywere can resolve this for you but only with the 'new data', do you want help with that data?

Hi Dr

Set up issue with the IS200 ? I've gleened that the IS has a negative camber that helps with performance, but scrubs the inside edge of the tread - so its your duty to throw the car around corners and get two wheels to lift off the ground in order to even the tire wear :D .

Help with that data? Yes please, sure, but how much is it going to cost me :winky:

Cheers

Dan

Advice costs..... nothing! .... without trying to make your eyes bleed with information. 'yes' the Negative camber is for performance but the problem is the active range?

Any set-up does need personal habits and areas but is.... and has been conclusive here.

do you want a 'personal' set-up writen?

Hi

Ta

Hi Daniel, are you talking about the alignment centre in Basford? I have been to the one in Basford....I think it's called Nottingham Wheel Alignment Centre. Put it this way, after my car came out of their if felt and drove so much better. They did a great job...not sure if it was exactly right! But I was happy with it :)

Hey Dr,

I am interested in the data :D . Am I to believe it is different from the tracking settings posted on the home page. I have read previous threads concerning IS 200 wheel dynamics and you always seem to confuse me with the technical info :geek: .

I have noticed the front inner tyres cutting. Maybe the info can help me sort it out.

thanks,

trinilex........... :driving:

Hey Dr,

I am interested in the data :D . Am I to believe it is different from the tracking settings posted on the home page. I have read previous threads concerning IS 200 wheel dynamics and you always seem to confuse me with the technical info  :geek: .

I have noticed the front inner tyres cutting. Maybe the info can help me sort it out.

thanks,

trinilex........... :driving:

PM me the cars details/ modifications if any? also your driving area town/ motorway % and loading % is it just you /two in the car? and i will write a set-up for you. i don't want to display it here live? the reason for this is i have found that people read the set-up and consider that as a matter of fact and 'mimic' the geometry, that's wrong, geometry is unique.

Hi Daniel, are you talking about the alignment centre in Basford? I have been to the one in Basford....I think it's called Nottingham Wheel Alignment Centre. Put it this way, after my car came out of their if felt and drove so much better. They did a great job...not sure if it was exactly right! But I was happy with it :)

Thats the one

http://www.alignment-services.co.uk/

They have a place in Basford, and another one in Colwick. Glad to hear that they sorted you out. Im going to take mine there next week :D

Cheers Matey!

Hi Dr

Cheers

Dan

Advice costs..... nothing! .... without trying to make your eyes bleed with information. 'yes' the Negative camber is for performance but the problem is the active range?

Any set-up does need personal habits and areas but is.... and has been conclusive here.

do you want a 'personal' set-up writen?

Dr,

Costs nothing!! I like that :driving:

I would most certainly like a 'personal' setting. I've PMed you everthing I could think you might need to suss me out :unsure:

Cheers pal

:D

Thats the one

http://www.alignment-services.co.uk/

They have a place in Basford, and another one in Colwick. Glad to hear that they sorted you out. Im going to take mine there next week :D

Cheers Matey!

I will write the set-up for you no problem. 'Alignment Services' are i must say very good :D I have had several geometry reports sent to me by customers that have used them asking me to validate their work, so far all reports displayed are exemplary. 'A refreshing change'

I gave them a call this afternoon, the basic laser jig check costs £44 + VAT. Any adjustments are priced at £8 a time.

I threw in a few technical questions for good measure and they responded like they know their stuff.

They are able to test slammed cars where the wheels are tucked inside the arches.....I'll give them a go once I get the new coils fitted :D

I gave them a call this afternoon, the basic laser jig check costs £44 + VAT. Any adjustments are priced at £8 a time.

I threw in a few technical questions for good measure and they responded like they know their stuff.

They are able to test slammed cars where the wheels are tucked inside the arches.....I'll give them a go once I get the new coils fitted  :D

Eyes very wide! let us know how things go!

They are able to test slammed cars where the wheels are tucked inside the arches.....I'll give them a go once I get the new coils fitted  :D

Tony - please PM me an ideal setup:

Driving fast & straight (mostly M/way)

Just me in the seat

Think you know the rest

Cheers

Tony - please PM me an ideal setup:

Driving fast & straight (mostly M/way)

Just me in the seat

Think you know the rest

Cheers

Again :ohmy: what happend to the last set-up?..........that was a goodie

Hi there mate i work at vw at the back of them. When our wheel alignment ramp is out of order we use them very good dont miss a trick.

Just round the back of John Fox VW on Vernon Road?

Thats the one mate although soon moving to daybrook(the old rover dump)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links