Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, Hope somebody can give me some help. This is my first post , basically I'm looking to buy my first Lexus ls400 but have no real idea about which Mk to get.

My brother has a Mk1 which he has had for over 5 years and I have a friend who has a Mk4 on a S plate.

Is there any particular model which people prefer? or one that has known faults?

Also the one I buy I will be intending to keep for at least 3 years so I will be looking to get a LPG conversion, has anybody had a LPG conversion done? If so has it gone well? At present I drive a Honda Legend 3.2 which I've had for 5 years but really like the quality of the ls400.

Any help really welcomed.

MkIV certainly better than MkIII - traction control/extra gear/Sat nav. Safest to buy from Lexus Main Agent, but they will only have very leggy MkIVs around £9k (£10k asking price).

eBay MUCH cheaper - if you are prepared to take a chance - with low mileage MkIVs abounding, and with FLSH!

Mind you, a Mk3 is still a wonderful way to travel, and rather more affordable. Good hunting!

Budget?

Around £9000.

Looking in Autotrader hard to find a decent Mk4 for that price.

There's a very nice Grey Ls400 Ser 3 right now on e-bay, with v.recent service cost input (saves you a few bills later. Low mileage too, which helps. These things are SO much value for your buck!

:P :lol:

Welcome to the LOC firstly :D

I've seen quite a few Mk 4's around for your budget, just take your time and find a good one as i'm sure you know how easy it is to get ripped off.

I actually bought my MK2 off e-bay a year ago as a runaround but love it so much I never want to sell it.

good luck and there's loads of knowledge on this site if you need more advice.

Also,the US site (the link is at the top of the page) has tonnes of info. on the LS which you can look through.

All the best in your search

Adz

I love my mk3...and also think its the best looking....but then I am biast I suppose...also like the idea of no vvti, trac control, as on mk4 etc to go wrong....I just love it...but every time I end another journey of opulence....I walk away from the car praying it never goes wrong " ...mmm paranoid " as I do my own maintainace oil plugs caps etc...But its still the highest quality product i ever bought...every trip is an amazing acoustic experience....I could go on but I better shut up !...If it was me Id go for that one with the bonnet mascot on eBay right now...Good Luck mate. :shutit:

I love my mk3...and also think its the best looking....but then I am biast I suppose...also like the idea of no vvti, trac control, as on mk4 etc to go wrong....I just love it...but every time I end another  journey of opulence....I walk away from the car praying it never goes wrong " ...mmm paranoid " as I do my own maintainace oil plugs caps etc...But its still the highest quality product i ever bought...every trip is an amazing acoustic experience....I could go on but I better shut up !...If it was me Id go for that one with the bonnet mascot on ebay right now...Good Luck mate. :shutit:

Yes agree (except for the comment about the e-bay/bonnet gismo car...I'd go for the Grey one ending today (because it's lower mileage? NO! Because it's mine :D

But you're right. After owning these, you can't contemplate owning anything else.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links