Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Silent Alarm

my is 200 is the first car ive had that the alarm when set just flashes the indicators

no noise ,no bleeps

im never quite sure if i have locked it or not unless i study the lightsespecially in bright sun (mmm second thoughts forget the sun bit )

I would like just a little audible signal so i can turn my back on it

is this possible ?

another point does pressing the button twice deadlock it

cause this dosent even flash !!

• 4 years later...

It is NOT a problem that is just the way the system is.

So there is no way of changing the system to beep or churp besides installing an aftermarket horn? I find that strange. The owner manual says that the feature of an audible alarm can be turned on/off and to contact the dealer. I guess my question is, how to turn it on without having to go to the dealer?

So there is no way of changing the system to beep or churp besides installing an aftermarket horn? I find that strange. The owner manual says that the feature of an audible alarm can be turned on/off and to contact the dealer. I guess my question is, how to turn it on without having to go to the dealer?

Thats correct you can not change the system to make a beep or horn - unless u do it yourself.

double check if you can REALLY turn a beep on or off because if you can do it then i would be surprised because nobody has had it done on hereand there are enough members

Thats correct you can not change the system to make a beep or horn - unless u do it yourself.

double check if you can REALLY turn a beep on or off because if you can do it then i would be surprised because nobody has had it done on hereand there are enough members

You are correct. I spoke to a lexus service manager and he said the audible alarm and features cannot be modified by myself. However they have a scan tool they can plug into the car to modify the body electronics settings which include the alarm features.

I fine that sucks. But if thats what you have to do... then so be it.

well if you get this done so the car beeps when you set the alarm then we would all like to know - I would be surprised if you can really get this done - ill wait with interest

You will be amazed at how much stuff can be changed on newer cars. I'm not sure about this case, but this is just the kind of option that could be in there :)

Thanks, I know that a lot can be changed but hardly anything can be changed on the IS200 - the most I know of is the auto headlight level and the microwave interior alarm - and thats about it.

As I said no one here has ever had it done and I know a lot of people have asked for this and the answer was always no - but we will see what happens when the guy takes the car in and see if it is reality or the usual dealer waffle.

Thanks, I know that a lot can be changed but hardly anything can be changed on the IS200 - the most I know of is the auto headlight level and the microwave interior alarm - and thats about it.

As I said no one here has ever had it done and I know a lot of people have asked for this and the answer was always no - but we will see what happens when the guy takes the car in and see if it is reality or the usual dealer waffle.

Didn't I read somewhere that legislation prevents alarms from chirping due to the noise nusiance?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links