Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exporting My Lexus To The Usa

Zee007

FOlks,

I am looking to stay out in the States for a couple of years now, and instead of buying an IS300 out here, I thought I would look into shipping my IS200 out. I need some help. Is there anyone out there who can advise me of any decent companies who could arrange this for me, any regulations or issues I need to be aware of and in general any advice.

Thanks in advance for your help...

Zee. :unsure:

Nick has a good point

myself I would sell my car here in the UK and with the money buy a better car out there... cars are cheaper.

My opinon that would be a bad move to ship a car out there... your looking at over 1K plus insurance.. proly lots more!

Hi

Exporting to the US is a problem. There are federal rules and each state also has its on rules. Here in California I know it is difficult to impossible depending on model.

If you want to do this you will need to find an exporter (or importer) who knows the rules for the state where you will register the car.

Some other problems: the IS 200 is not sold in the US therefore parts and service may be difficult to find, also, the car would be difficult to sell.

Someone above made the point that cars are less expensive here. That is true I checked the prices of several models when I was on holiday in the UK last year. We do not have VAT, some states however have sales taxes which is about the same thing. The amount of tax varies from zero to about 8%.

Good Luck and have fun in the US

Larry

i dont remember where i heard it but there is plans to sell the is2 in the states.......with the TTE supercharger(maybe it was TTE).....as a lower spec sporty young-uns...car.....ala street racer

if the problems were,crash laws,all that would be needed was to fit the US spec crash bars and bumpers

other than that the cars are pretty much identical

Thanks for the advise folks - much appreciated.

Yes, I agree that the cars are cheaper here - but I will not need to buy one as I am not going for a green card. Therefore, to lease a car(or an IS300 in my case) will cost several hundred dollars a month of which the company will only pay $250 a month. If the export costs are a one off payment, I may be able to squeeze it out of the company...

But if as you say laws and regs restrict my chances, then I may have to live out my worst nightmare.... and Sell my car.... :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links