Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got Another One !

PSC

After 3 years ownership and 54000 miles, I have been tempted back to the show room and bought another one, which I took delivery of last month. To be honest I am a bit stunned at how different the car is between old and new. That six speed box makes one hell of a difference in driveability and acceleration. 70mph is now well below 2k revs and at 100 doesnt even touch 3k. Pick up in the 50-70 range is much better (always found myself dropping down the gears in the old one).

The real change though is in the suspension, much better round corners, wallows less, and has given up tramlining. I found a change of tyres on the old sc to goodyear F1's realy improved the grip, but the new car is much more driveable, without losing that crusing feel.

All the toys are there, Bluetooth, traffic avoidence and a map that includes the M6 toll (but not the new m62/A1). The sat nav also now handles postcodes, and preference for multiple users.

The stereo now supports CD text, but for some reason doesnt sound as sharp as the old one, more muffeled especially on am. Dealership looking at this for me. I have to say Im very impressed at how the car has evolved, although I havnt tried it yet, there may even be a way to get the rear windows up with the roof down according to the manual.

Congratulations on you're purchase. I love the SC's! Drove one on an open day a while back and should funds have been available I would have been tempted! :D

The SC has seen a few changes over the years due general critism from critics.

So, what colour is yours buddy?

Sweet, thats a real deep colour! Only thing I found with the SC is that its difficult to get your arm comfy off the door because of the seating. I found it to be a little to high. Still, I am a short a**e! :D

Sounds like you're all set for another smooth 50k's worth!

You mentioned the tyres - what's fitted to the new model?

Did your previous car have all the suspension mods done when you switched from the original run-flats?

Just interested to know what the comparison of the new versus the old actually involves! :)

The sat nav also now handles postcodes, and preference for multiple users.

I'm interested to know a little more about this ............ ?

Is it a new nav system, or just the updated disc that has these features?

Good luck on the new car too ! ;)

The old SC was a 53, so was after the run flat issue, hence my surprise at how different the new one is. And to compound matters Lexus are still shipping them with Dunlop SP tyres (2030's I assume).

As for thye sat nav, Im assuming the unit has changed, with the introduction of traffic avoidance, and not just the DVD.

• 3 weeks later...
After 3 years ownership and 54000 miles, I have been tempted back to the show room and bought another one, which I took delivery of last month. To be honest I am a bit stunned at how different the car is between old and new. That six speed box makes one hell of a difference in driveability and acceleration. 70mph is now well below 2k revs and at 100 doesnt even touch 3k. Pick up in the 50-70 range is much better (always found myself dropping down the gears in the old one).

The real change though is in the suspension, much better round corners, wallows less, and has given up tramlining. I found a change of tyres on the old sc to goodyear F1's realy improved the grip, but the new car is much more driveable, without losing that crusing feel.

All the toys are there, bluetooth, traffic avoidence and a map that includes the M6 toll (but not the new m62/A1). The sat nav also now handles postcodes, and preference for multiple users.

The stereo now supports CD text, but for some reason doesnt sound as sharp as the old one, more muffeled especially on am. Dealership looking at this for me. I have to say Im very impressed at how the car has evolved, although I havnt tried it yet, there may even be a way to get the rear windows up with the roof down according to the manual.

Congratulation

I'm just waiting for my new toy. Seems the same happened to you as it did for me. My trade in was a silver 07/2001 SC. The new is expected to be delivered in April 2006 in blue. I like your comments about the difference. Let us know about the ability to lift the back windows. That's still my wife's want to have.

Lex-Golf

Ive not tried it yet but if Ive read the manual right, if you put down the roof, then disable the roof in the glove box, then try to close it via the switch, the rear windows go up...... I could be wrong though, and with weather like we have got Im not likely to find out soon !

• 5 months later...

Meanwhile the new toy arrived and has already made 5.000mls. All you said about gear box and other improvements - absolutly right.

Things I'm not happy with:

Bluetooth and mobile phone operation and integration

Still now good solution to operate the nav system while driving

I realy miss the top speed. For the 6gearbox is NO TTE V-MAX Delimiter available !!!

and

I still didn't figure out how to lift the rear windows...........

• 3 months later...

Meanwhile a solution was found for almost all the little topic I had. Latestly I did change the airfilter and replaced the original one with a K&N 33-2220. Reult is a reduced fuel consumption a more reactive car to the pedal :) and last but not least I now can at least imagine the fabolous sound of a large V8. Sound did realy improve witout becoming noisy or dominant. A tune mor for the ears rather than for the eyes :)

Guest inicol63

Well Done to both of you new Lexus owners nice to here that you are happy with your new SC430.

Lets see some pictures of your cars inside and out please please.......

regards Ian

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links