Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Police

swfcdan

Well other than look like they are doing their job, no it aint a trick question.

Ever noticed how they wont attempt to interfere with certain folk? I dont know if its the same round all your neck of the woods but there are, lets say certain 'collections' of ppl who they never dare approach round here.

I was going up the M6 about a year ago and I might have been going 1 or 2 mph above 70 and a motorbike cop came alongside me and started pointing at his speedo

I wound the window down and said "is there something wrong?" and he suddenly put his siren and lights on and shot off up the motorway at some ridiculous speed

I turned round to the missus and said "do you think he wants me to follow him?"

:winky:

I was going up the M6 about a year ago and I might have been going 1 or 2 mph above 70 and a motorbike cop came alongside me and started pointing at his speedo

I wound the window down and said "is there something wrong?" and he suddenly put his siren and lights on and shot off up the motorway at some ridiculous speed

I turned round to the missus and said "do you think he wants me to follow him?"

:winky:

He was riding his police bike at 71ish mph one-handed ??? :blink: You should have pulled him over for that ! :lol:

Lets face it this time of year there are alot of spot checks and high visibility policing of roads to discourage drink driving. The problem is you always end up getting pulled when you are in a rush and no one wears the "i got pulled by the old bill" excuse anymore it got worn out years ago. Think it would help if the police were more honest though and told you that it was a part of the anti drink driving campaign.

We all just get a bag on as we get picked on alot but at the end of the day if you lot getting pulled over all the time keeps some drunkard from t-boning me then i'm happy :D

Obviously this post only stands till i get pulled then i will retract it instantly and whinge and moan :lol:

Cops love a Lexus  :P

Nop, some polices are biased and they hate Lexus especially those who owns BM & Mec. They always look very hard for virtually anything just to pull you over or give you the hassle. I would say that Lexus is not very exceptional in Europe especially there're so many inherited European cars around. In Asia, some cops even help you clean the dirty spot when they see it, cause they're a fan of Lexus :P

Before I became a chartered planner I was, 20 years ago, involved in police training. We always tried to teach ' speak to people how you would like to be spoken to'. Since leaving I have had some disasters when meeting the police at ordinary incidents. This could be being redirected when there is an accident nearby, meeting officers at incidents involving planning matters, asking the way or a neighbour's car alarm going off when they were away and the car broken into. They were completely unable to speak to me in a civil and constructive manner which leaves me very disappointed . When I visit anywhere now and I am lost I always ask a member of the public for directions.

Before I became a chartered planner I was, 20 years ago, involved in police training. We always tried to teach ' speak to people how you would like to be spoken to'. Since leaving I have had some disasters when meeting the police at ordinary incidents. This could be being redirected when there is an accident nearby, meeting officers at incidents involving planning matters, asking the way  or a neighbour's car alarm going off when they were away and the car broken into. They were completely unable to speak to me in a civil  and constructive manner which leaves me very disappointed . When I visit anywhere now and I am lost I always ask a member of the public for directions.

judging by Ahmets skills in getting lost, you would be far better off asking joe public :lol:

Before I became a chartered planner I was, 20 years ago, involved in police training. We always tried to teach ' speak to people how you would like to be spoken to'. Since leaving I have had some disasters when meeting the police at ordinary incidents. This could be being redirected when there is an accident nearby, meeting officers at incidents involving planning matters, asking the way  or a neighbour's car alarm going off when they were away and the car broken into. They were completely unable to speak to me in a civil  and constructive manner which leaves me very disappointed . When I visit anywhere now and I am lost I always ask a member of the public for directions.

judging by Ahmets skills in getting lost, you would be far better off asking joe public :lol:

Don't forget his vocabulary :D

Its still one of the only handful of jobs you can walk into with the minimum of qualifications (macdonalds is the other lol). Greater Manchester constabulary only require them to grunt and burp to qualify. We must keep this in mind when dealing with our bent arm of the law........only kidding our resident coppers lol!!

I'll start off by saying the Police do a bloody hard job with great risk, and we are thankful that we have a Police force to turn to at times of need.

That said. You are so right about poor training and skill levels. There was once a time when to become a Policeman you had to be qualified from school or college, and be pretty smart. No, they'll take in all sorts, and give them poor training.

If they haven't got the people skills before they join they aren't likely to develope them once a copper. Anyway, I am sure the Lexus OC isnt here to put the world to rights, but we can try ! :offtopic:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links