Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Service Scam?

Hi,

I received 2 seperate calls in the past couple of weeks from people claiming to be from Lexus service center. I am shortly due for my 1 year service.

I arranged a date on the first call and Lexus said that someone will come to pick my car up and return it on the same day.

I got a second call today from a different woman claiming to be from Lexus again wanting to book my car for service. I explained to her that someone has already called me a few weeks back and she did not have any record and told me that I need to re-book and arrange for someone to pick up my car.

I am getting worried that this is some kind of scam :ph34r:

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Sami

No - but if you're doubting....... ask where the vehicle will be serviced (branch) then put the phone down and call the branch. Lexus dealers should have your vehicle details on their system and if the call is genuine your vehicle should appear on their service system (they have to allocate a time slot as well as a bay to do the work)

The Ed

Lexus Cardiff's number comes up on caller display, so you can see if it's actually them ringing you. I don't know if this is the case for other dealers.

My service was booked via a cold call from the 'Lexus Service Centre'. They pointed out that as I was due for service in about a month and the appointments were getting a bit thin, "do I want to book in advance", which I did, and it all went OK.

I think I would agree to the service then call the dealer to confirm.

Thanks for the tips all.

I think I will drop it in.

This is my 1 year service. Does anyone know how long it takes? Can I wait at the dealer while they do it? Or will I have to go and come back? Also, does anyone know the approx charges I should be expecting?

One last question, does it matter which garage I use? Are some better than others? (I am based in London)

Thanks,

Sami

Thanks for the tips all.

I think I will drop it in.

This is my 1 year service. Does anyone know how long it takes? Can I wait at the dealer while they do it? Or will I have to go and come back? Also, does anyone know the approx charges I should be expecting?

One last question, does it matter which garage I use? Are some better than others? (I am based in London)

Thanks,

Sami

It takes about an hour, make sure you check out the pricing. When I checked they varied from £120 to £220 for my 1st RX service depending on the dealer. My local dealer has outrageous services prices so I always shop around.

Hi,

I received 2 seperate calls in the past couple of weeks from people claiming to be from Lexus service center. I am shortly due for my 1 year service.

I arranged a date on the first call and Lexus said that someone will come to pick my car up and return it on the same day.

I got a second call today from a different woman claiming to be from Lexus again wanting to book my car for service. I explained to her that someone has already called me a few weeks back and she did not have any record and told me that I need to re-book and arrange for someone to pick up my car.

I am getting worried that this is some kind of scam  :ph34r:

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Sami

prob not a scam, just finger trouble or incompetance at the call centre.

I had read that Lexus has developed a call centre to contact customers when their service is due. All part of the legendary service.

"Lexus's industry-leading performance in customer satisfaction is witnessed by an unprecedented five successive J.D. Power and Associates Gold Awards. But true to its core principle of the "relentless pursuit of perfection", Lexus GB has launched the Lexus Customer Relations Management programme, designed to deliver an even better ownership experience.

A series of innovative measures is being phased in across the national network of 53 Lexus Centres to establish a system for booking service appointments that is more time-efficient and better tailored to each motorist's personal preferences. Central to this programme is the setting up of a national call centre."

I had two calls myself but I always take the car to the dealer myself. Don't want no stranger hand-brake turning my baby round corners! Not that this ever happens of course...

As part of this Lexus National Service Centre can we assume that they will ring round your nearest Lexus dealers and have the prices to hand for each ?

It does seem that there is some disparity in standard service prices and they could do the legwork.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links