Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Dash Kit

Niraj

So :) guess what? i've got the blue LED dash kit installed... yeh i know, woo hoo... well actually YEH WOOO HOOOO!!!! :D :D it's so smart... really happy, took me no longer than 30 minutes to install... and is it bright?!?! HELL YEH!!

I've always liked the dash colours on the new golfs, and really disliked the orange in the Lex, so at the first real opportunity i went for it...

this kit is produced by Fargo, i'm sure he'll be along to comment on his work.

I'm not sure if my photo's compliment his work quite as well as he might like, but they are much better in the flesh... and trust me, the photo doesn't disappoint either.

Settings for the photos :

Reading light ON,

Courtesy dome light ON,

Winter daylight 4:00pm,

Light smoke side tinted windows,

Focal length 20mm

F/3.5

Exposure time 1/8 sec

ISO 320

And the result >>>

dash_kit_01.jpg

dash_kit_02.jpg

Thank you Fargo... can't wait for the rest of the kit :D :D

So :) guess what? i've got the blue led dash kit installed... yeh i know, woo hoo... well actually YEH WOOO HOOOO!!!! :D :D it's so smart... really happy, took me no longer than 30 minutes to install... and is it bright?!?! HELL YEH!!

I've always liked the dash colours on the new golfs, and really disliked the orange in the Lex, so at the first real opportunity i went for it...

this kit is produced by Fargo, i'm sure he'll be along to comment on his work.

I'm not sure if my photo's compliment his work quite as well as he might like, but they are much better in the flesh... and trust me, the photo doesn't disappoint either.

Settings for the photos :

Reading light ON,

Courtesy dome light ON,

Winter daylight 4:00pm,

Light smoke side tinted windows,

Focal length 20mm

F/3.5

Exposure time 1/8 sec

ISO 320

And the result >>>

dash_kit_01.jpg

dash_kit_02.jpg

Thank you Fargo... can't wait for the rest of the kit :D :D

That is NIIIICE. You just need to change the colouring on the stereo and all the other buttons. :D

I used to have a Veedub, and this is the biggest thing I miss about it.

I really like that. Did you have to remove the cluster? Or do any soldering? Etc etc.

Im quite tempted now........... :P

I removed the cluster (1 entire unit) which is actually only held on with 3 screws into the dash... it's SOOO EASY... no soldering was required, although you can solder the power supply wires into the dimmer switch, for completion. However, scotch locks will do the same job. It's really your choice whether you use soldering iron or not.

And, all the LED's are in nice little OEM holders, which just lock into place of the old bulbs :D

Cheers Niraj, Pretty impressive! Although I never use the dimmer switch anyway so id do the lazy route!!! Just plug'n'play  :D

How much did they cost out of interest?

£80 incl delivery... I believe Prolex are selling these on behalf of Paul (Fargo)... although it's just as easy to speak to him directly... He's been very busy lately, but he replies to all PM's. :)

£80.......not expensive but don't think I like them that much  :P

hehehe... there are cheaper dash conversions out there, but you'll be incredibly disappointed if you went for the others... i'm glad i spent that little bit extra to get that OEM feel.

£80.......not expensive but don't think I like them that much  :P

hehehe... there are cheaper dash conversions out there, but you'll be incredibly disappointed if you went for the others... i'm glad i spent that little bit extra to get that OEM feel.

How much will it cost for all the other LED's ? £80 is quite a good price. It'll be interesting to find out how much Lexus would charge for the normal ones (if they were to go).

cost of a normal bulb i think... they are only filament bulbs with orange sleeves over them. maybe a couple of quid or so... unless the holders went wrong, they probably charge a bit for them...?!  :huh:

I replaced my seat heater switch bulb. Think it was £1.25.

cost of a normal bulb i think... they are only filament bulbs with orange sleeves over them. maybe a couple of quid or so... unless the holders went wrong, they probably charge a bit for them...?!  :huh:

Probably a silly question, but here goes. Why couldn't you have just put blue coloured sleeves over the original bulbs ?

I replaced my seat heater switch bulb. Think it was £1.25.

think your find that for the complete set of oem bulbs, 5 in total and lexus supply only complete with the bulb holder, is just shy of 20 quid.

Probably a silly question, but here goes.  Why couldn't you have just put blue coloured sleeves over the original bulbs ?

lol been there tried that,, dont work,, the filiments bulbs outputs are not strong enough, although a red sleeve works reasonbly well as its very close to the standard orange colour.

Looks great Niraj. Cant wait to get mine now  :D

lol appologies man, they ARE coming..

yes there are other kits on eBay, but trust me when i say you WILL be dissapointed... a few member shave purchased the other kit and regretted it..

Quote "think your find that for the complete set of oem bulbs, 5 in total and lexus supply only complete with the bulb holder, is just shy of 20 quid."

It was just the bulb they supplied, nothing else. As Ive said, its not expensive but I just can't warrant it at the moment. I was not trying to hussle :P

Quote "think your find that for the complete set of oem bulbs, 5 in total and lexus supply only complete with the bulb holder, is just shy of 20 quid."

It was just the bulb they supplied, nothing else. As Ive said, its not expensive but I just can't warrant it at the moment. I was not trying to hussle  :P

i was talking about the bulbs for the speedo cluster..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links