Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Good Old Geometry Test!

COLD

Hi Guys Hope you are all well.

quick summary car is handling :tsktsk: awful! Has been for quite a while but now is unbearable! Had a geometry test done At A LEXUS DEALER early last year, just found the wheels inmotion web site and e mailed my report across to them for there comments as I was not happy with the cars handling!!!

there comments:

As per usual that report was ****!

front: it has LH WHEEL and RH WHEEL

M.V (measured values) and AV ( actual values)

camber lh av @ -22'

rh av @ -0.02'

the position should be -30' on both wheels.

castor lh av @ +5Deg44'

rh av @ + 6Deg28'

If the rh camber was dropped to match the lh then the castor also would have

matched...

Proof is....

kind-pin... lh 9Deg52

rh 8Deg12

If the rh camber was again lowered then the kp would become higher as a

figure

The rear shows similar neglect in the camber positions....

Sorry mate if this is the geometry you have been driving on the no wonder

she handles 'pants' now

Every IS's geometry will 'go off' in time.... the problems become really bad

if this 'off' is out of balance...

yours is!

Any thought on what I should do about this as these tests are not cheap... Who do we trust guys who do Geometry test day in day out for a living or our TRUSTED LEXUS DEALERS?

cheers :excl::excl::excl:

I make the round-trip to Watford. It's not too bad as I live in Reading and work in Slough.

Just spoke with Tony the man himself. Sounds a top bloke who deffinatly knows what he's doing, told him basically I feeel like getting rid of the car at the moment because if handles so bad... he assured me that nothing 'serious' is wrong with the car its just been set up wrong on the geometry test. Will make the trip down to see him soon as hopfully he will sort the car out :crybaby:

I make the round-trip to Watford. It's not too bad as I live in Reading and work in Slough.

Just spoke with Tony the man himself. Sounds a top bloke who deffinatly knows what he's doing, told him basically I feeel like getting rid of the car at the moment because if handles so bad... he assured me that nothing 'serious' is wrong with the car its just been set up wrong on the geometry test. Will make the trip down to see him soon as hopfully he will sort the car out :crybaby:

please nobody shoot me for saying this... but i also wanted to sell my car last month... the handling on it was pants, and often made me angry at myself. i went to see the doc, and with deep investigation, the problem has been resolved...

go and see dr bones, and i'm sure by the end of it all, you will be glad you haven't sold out....

please nobody shoot me for saying this... but i also wanted to sell my car last month... the handling on it was pants, and often made me angry at myself. i went to see the doc, and with deep investigation, the problem has been resolved...

go and see dr bones, and i'm sure by the end of it all, you will be glad you haven't sold out....

deep investigation.... That sounds expensive!! Tony wasnt sure about exact price but he mentioned around the £70 mark. Gladly pay that if it sorts me baby out!

Tony will sort you out mate.

Charges are per adjustment made not on the time taken so don't worry. Don't forget your LOC Gold card cos that will get you discount :D

This post http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...ndpost&p=322117 onwards...

and

This

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=29334 topic, will show you exactly what has been happening.

I still have to append to the TTE Coilovers thread, but will do that tonight :)

Don't think it has anything to do with lowering the cat Niraj

oh pooh, has this car not been lowered?? i'm sorry for butting in :unsure:

Didn't mean it that way mate, it's just there is no mention of lowering so I took it that it was usual Lex dealer Geo mess up

WIM the Web site was built for people like you 'in distress' once the Tyre Centre has had a few goes..... then the dealer.... you the owner may look online in the hope information somewhere in the World will help, so in effect now you are on your own and trying to help yourself..... I Volunteer this information via the site, by email and even over the phone.... do you know why?

Because i know people like you are being ripped off by corporate ignorance in the 1000's every day 'UK'

So what do i do?......I think the Human thing..... 'HELP'

3D geometry is complicated... any centre offering correction obviously should know how to do the job..... sadly most don't...... 'some do!'...... but most don't.

The final positions displayed on that report are worthless... the consequences to you are priceless in distress... comments like get 'rid of the car'

I think i'm ranting on a bit.. ( i started so i will finish ;) )

There sometimes is a need to realize a situation left for you to resolve is not as bad as it seems :D

when i read your report my mind went.

Yes

Yes

Typical

Yes

No

Typical

No

No

In 2 minutes.......

Chin..... well up and don't worry :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links