Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Parking Sensors /rear Camera

Anybody know the answer to this.

The wife has an 02 Reg GS 300 which she loves but for one thing - reverse parking. While it is in the garage they have given her an 05 model that has rear parking sensors and camera (really good sales technique!). Needless to say she is amazed by it. Also, needless to say, we can't afford to upgrade her to such a new car for some time. Is it possible to get the rear parking sensors and camera fitted to an older model? Costly I suppose? Any body done this?

Anybody know the answer to this.

The wife has an 02 Reg GS 300 which she loves but for one thing - reverse parking. While it is in the garage they have given her an 05 model that has rear parking sensors and camera (really good sales technique!). Needless to say she is amazed by it. Also, needless to say, we can't afford to upgrade her to such a new car for some time. Is it possible to get the rear parking sensors and camera fitted to an older model? Costly I suppose? Any body done this?

Geoffers (username on this site) does the reversing cams.

Hope he's OK, he's not been around for a while :o

I fitted sensors to my Mk1 cost about £68 and a mornings work. if I did it again it would be quicker. I've seen cameras advertised but the sensors work well, it even tells you how far you are from the objet. Beware of the cheap £25 sensors with only two in the kit.

• 1 month later...

We have supplied QUANAN parking distance systems to loads of LOC members. It's been going a while but still managed first place in Auto Express November comparative test. Our website is www.cleargate.co.uk.

We have 3 and 4 sensor versions and the 3 sensor version (£99) is totally adequate on my GS. Always willing to do a deal for LOC members. Hope this post is OK with the manangement! PM me if interested.

I think the Prolex ones are cheaper in cost, vebra and have a display of the distance to the object and the sensor alarm state.

I fitted them to mine and they're great.... Prolex are also official traders on LOC. 80 quid colour coded, less if you want them in black... they are definatly better than the Lexus ones which I have now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links