Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When Did You Order Your Is250

Oh well,

Just after I posted my earlier post about Jamboo being an jammy sod, my dealer phoned me! He advised that he had a car ready for me in the exact spec that I wanted, but it would have a sunroof?? Couldnt give me a date for one without. Quickly weighed up the pros and cons and and decided to take the one he was offering (IS250 Sport with MM, ICE and sunroof in Brechin Slate). Has cost me and extra £800 for the sunroof however!!!

He also advised that the delay was down to the Multi media pack. Seemingly theres a problem with it? Not sure what though.

However I am expecting to take delivery of the car on the 6th March!!! Hooray! Howver has cost me an extra £800 bucks! Should I ask for a discount??

:winky:

Damn right ask for a discount!

Oh well,

Just after I posted my earlier post about Jamboo being an jammy sod, my dealer phoned me! He advised that he had a car ready for me in the exact spec that I wanted, but it would have a sunroof?? Couldnt give me a date for one without. Quickly weighed up the pros and cons and and decided to take the one he was offering (IS250 Sport with MM, ICE and sunroof in Brechin Slate). Has cost me and extra £800 for the sunroof however!!!

He also advised that the delay was down to the Multi media pack. Seemingly theres a problem with it? Not sure what though.

However I am expecting to take delivery of the car on the 6th March!!! Hooray! Howver has cost me an extra £800 bucks! Should I ask for a discount??

:lol::lol:

So now who's jammy (or jammier)?

Well done matey - go get 'em!! But hell yes, ask for a discount...they can't just expect you fork out £800 unplanned squids - at least get a free service, or rubber mats, bootliner, hell the lot!

I was LED to believe that the "problem" with the MM is that too many people want it - not many cars are selling without (or as many as planned)...so if you want one without (non Sport) you can have in 10 days tops!

Or at least that's what my "friendly" Lex dealer told me!

Oh well,

:lol::lol:

So now who's jammy (or jammier)?

Well done matey - go get 'em!! But hell yes, ask for a discount...they can't just expect you fork out £800 unplanned squids - at least get a free service, or rubber mats, bootliner, hell the lot!

I was LED to believe that the "problem" with the MM is that too many people want it - not many cars are selling without (or as many as planned)...so if you want one without (non Sport) you can have in 10 days tops!

Or at least that's what my "friendly" Lex dealer told me!

Slightly :offtopic: but when Lexus first unveiled the IS there were many cries of it's awful, nothing like the old car etc. Then when prices were announced the comments were "too expensive" and "who is going to pay £3k for Sat Nav?". It would appear that most people are now plumping for the MM but I find it hard to believe that Lexus has underestimated how many people are going to buy their cars or how many want the MM option. Is it the case that they have been caught off guard hence the lack of firm delivery dates?

Good point. The timing of the car (november delivery) was not by coincidence; It was a ploy to get all of the orders in for March and the new plate.

That's why we see such a small number on the road. I think Lexus only really wanted to build them based on orders, plus a few that were early builds (and may be 30% or so had MM?) which don't have MM.

In reality, people from other "german" brands are coming over in floods (me being one) 'cos the car is so good.

The thing is that people have been taken aback by how well made the new IS is and how much classier it is inside. The old IS was good, don't get me wrong, but it was a Toyota (and even sold as that in Japan and the far east) and "different" with all of that chrono dialing and shiny plastic. The new one is more conservative inside and that's what most people want and will appeal to those who have bought boring germanic cars in the past (again me being one).

People have waited for the new car to come out, and due to pricing, the german car brigade must be coming over in numbers realising that for the same price as a basic 3 series, you can have a fuully kitted IS, well made, with MM for the same money...

So, I expect that we will see hoards of them on the roads throughout March-May. If we don't, then the dealers have no excuse for slacking off and not being able to get dates for delivery etc.

I don't think it'll ever compete with the BeeEm on numbers game, but I do think it will hit sales targets...and it will hurt Audi and Mercedes Benz.

PS - I've seen only six so far...and I've travelled a lot since November...

• 2 weeks later...

On 4/Jan I ordered a Silver/Black IS250 Sport Luxury which I think is the Australian equivalent of the UK SE-L with MM, Auto, PCS/ACS and Sunroof. Today, the Sales Manager advised it is at the Melbourne docks, will be with them on 28/Feb and I should have it with tinted windows on 2/Mar. That's roughly 2 months from order to delivery. They now tell me that 3-4 months is the norm and growing by the week! Thank heavens my darling wife did not convince me to wait for the price to drop as the novelty wore off :duh:

ordered 20th Jan, delivery 'sometine in may' - 220DSE with MM

bummer - just heard from dealer and delivery is now 'sometime in june'

I ordered mine on Jan 5th; picked it up on Jan 20th. SE with MM in Argento Silver (would have preferred slate but I wasn't that bothered). Also paid a good price for it and got wat I wanted (slightly more actually) for my trade-in. Must have caught them at the right time......

I ordered IS250 SE Auto/MM beginning of Feb and was told 12 weeks wait, therefore end of April !!!

I heard that you get a confirmed date only 2 weeks before delivery, is that true??

good luck and expect a call saying 'due in june' as my date got revised every few weeks. Once they confirm a build slot then you can add 4 weeks for delivery and have some certainty. Only quick option is to get a cancellation on a similar model from an earlier buyer....

Thanks to all who bothered to reply to this one :D

It seems generally then that my experience is pretty mujch the norm. If you want a specific colour combo, and MM pack, then expect to wait around 12 weeks for it - and then expect that date to keep slipping :o

The reasons why seem to be a combo of

1) dealers holding orders to match sales target dates etc

2) MM pack demand higher than expected

3) Lexus production is just not up to speed??

Anyhow, I reckon my patience ( now "expecting" delivery in June earliest ) will be rewarded with a snag free car, and it wont be as old in the summer as it would have been if it had been delivered in March :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links