Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weird Problem With The Windows

2 weeks into my new lexus, and still loving it...as McDonalds would say...But I have a proble...has anyone else heard of this...

Locked up the car and tucked her (Lexus) in for bed.....came down in the morning and found the two front windows had opened by an inch both sides...thought Sh*t and did not close the windows, and kick myself..

3 days later.....came down and all four windows has automatically opened...this time by the same amount, and of course it had rained too, so wet leather...weird I thought. Must be me, must have pressed something....

I made a point of making sure the window lock had been depressed for a few days, no problem...

This weekend..forgot to press the window lock button......same thing happened again, all four windows have opened again...and yes rained again..

Is it me,,,am i doing something, or has my baby got a fault...

Reported to my friendly Lexus Dealer, awaiting for them to get back to me.......any one else with a similar issue...or do I have a ghost....

Bigplanet....

2 weeks into my new lexus, and still loving it...as McDonalds would say...But I have a proble...has anyone else heard of this...

Locked up the car and tucked her (Lexus) in for bed.....came down in the morning and found the two front windows had opened by an inch both sides...thought Sh*t and did not close the windows, and kick myself..

3 days later.....came down and all four windows has automatically opened...this time by the same amount, and of course it had rained too, so wet leather...weird I thought. Must be me, must have pressed something....

I made a point of making sure the window lock had been depressed for a few days, no problem...

This weekend..forgot to press the window lock button......same thing happened again, all four windows have opened again...and yes rained again..

Reported to my friendly Lexus Dealer, awaiting for them to get back to me.......any one else with a similar issue...or do I have a ghost....

Bigplanet....

My Audi A4 was doing this in the summer last year :o . It was still under warranty.

The dealers had to "hard" reset the window settings (!). Cured it. :winky:

Basically it's the anti-jam facility having a cardiac...or so I was told and the reset was like what the doctors did to Tony Blair when his heart was Tachiacardic...stopped it beating and started it again using a shock :o !

Bigplanet....

My Audi A4 was doing this in the summer last year :o . It was still under warranty.

The dealers had to "hard" reset the window settings (!). Cured it. :winky:

Basically it's the anti-jam facility having a cardiac...or so I was told and the reset was like what the doctors did to Tony Blair when his heart was Tachiacardic...stopped it beating and started it again using a shock :o !

While you are waiting for the fix try "using the close window/sun-roof technique" to ensure the system has

closed the windows fully.

Tel. :blush:

Is that a standard feature ? When the car is not locked and the engine is not running it would assume that someone is still inside the car that need breathing so it open an inch to let the air circulate :yahoo:

• 5 months later...

Bigplanet....

Bigplanet....

Did you get an answer to this from your dealer? Tonight I locked the car on the door button and when I looked out a couple of hours later both front windows had opened by about 4 inches.

if you hold te unlock button on the remote the windows will roll down at the same time all 4.vice virsa for the lock

See this thread - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...&hl=windows

It's happened to me too. Fortunately it was dry. I've been more careful with the key (don't sit down with it in your back pocket!) and it's not happened again. Maybe the wireless key reciever in the car is just v.sensitve and picks up the signal even when the key's in the house!

if you hold te unlock button on the remote the windows will roll down at the same time all 4.vice virsa for the lock

See this thread - http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...&hl=windows

It's happened to me too. Fortunately it was dry. I've been more careful with the key (don't sit down with it in your back pocket!) and it's not happened again. Maybe the wireless key reciever in the car is just v.sensitve and picks up the signal even when the key's in the house!

Thanks guys, it's the key. don't know how I did it but on my car the front windows go down and up first before therears start to follow, hence fronts were only open a few inches.

what happens when you use auto up feature by giving an one click up for auto closing? Does the window close properly, or is it one inch left?

It might be combination of two:

- Auto windows are not programmed after Battery was out - simply roll down and then hold up and keep holding up for 10 seconds each window for auto up to be programmed.

- make sure you are not pressing the unlock/lock button by accident...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links