Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Noob Q's---searched Can't Find A's

Ahhhh__Aristo

If anyone has 5 mins and could spare the time to answer these questions, I'd be most grateful. I have looked through the 11 pages but couldn't find the answers.

1. Is the Aristo mechanically the same as the GS300?? i.e suspension, wheel bearings, brakes e.t.c e.t.c so can just go and buy gs300 bits.

2. I need a new Battery, will a GS300 one be OK?? or if anyone has a original, could you let me know the amp hours e.t.c so I could match it.

3. Cambelt and aux belt, although I will get a Toyota one, is it the same as the MKIV Supra one, I guess the best way is to give the chassis number to the dealer.....

4. Intercooler, anyone got any pics of the IC?? it seems to be roughly in the same place as the MKIV Supra, wondering if it's the same, as the supras stock IC crumbles badly at this sort of age.

5. Was the aristo available in the States?? or was it a gs300?? was it available with the 2jz-gte engine??

Thanks in advance

Hi mate

I can only tell you about the mk1 but here goes

1. Most parts are the same but odd bits like shocks are different as they are active ones. A main dealer will comfirm parts for you with chassis code etc.

2. It's all I have on mine and seems to be fine.

3. you answered you own question. Cambelt is mk4 supra and almost certian the other is as well but can't remember now.

4. Not sure but swapping mine for front mount one next week so can look then.

5. not sure.

hope this helps a bit but sure someone will be along shortly to help aswell.

I'll try and answer some of them.

1. Mostly, yep - chassis wise. Engine wise, apart from the pipework and some other bits mechanically the same as a JDM Supra 2JZ-GTE.

2. Generally yes although sometimes the batteries terminals/connectors are different on JDM cars compared with UK cars.

3. Yep you want Supra ones of those.

4. I don't have pics but its in the same place yep. Its less exposed to the elements on the Aristo cos of the foglight in front of it, but it'll still crumble like the Supra.

5. The Aristo wasn't no - it was a GS. Only JDM cars have the option of the 2JZ-GTE engine.

Gaz.

Cheers for the quick replies folks.

Mines a mk1.

Active suspension?? something like the TEMS system?? as I don't have anything like the TEMS system on mine.

Would I be right in thinking that on the exhaust system, anything from the 2nd cat back, it'll be the same as the gs300 (albeit probably a different bore size)

Gaz, do you do a decat pipe for these?? #1 or #2 or both

Just thinking that mine won't need cats for the mot as it's on a K plate, or will i ?? (i know about a restrictor ring if i fully de cat)

Bugger, I forgot one, or two, if you turn the subwoofer knob up, the speaker farts, is it a single speaker?? easy replaceable?? Also, I can only get radio 2 or the yocal bbc radio, does a band expander enable me to get everything else?? and I take it the cd/tape/radio isn't a normal double din?? has anyone changed their head unit?? pics if you have please :D

The sub is a 12" and to get to it you need to remove the rear seat and parcel shelf.

I had a band expander before I changed everything but was not that impressed with it.

Changed mine for a single din unit and made a custom panel to fit around it and put some gauges below the head unit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links