Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Swirl Marks

Just washed my new black IS250 and noticed there are so many little swirl marks in the paint all ready.

Also, even after using the chamois, there are still water marks on it.

Is it just because it is black?

What can i do to make the paint look crystal smooth and clear the swirl marks?

What products are the best to use as well as cloths?

Cheers guys

:P

As Jase has said dont use a chamois because if you've got any debris or anything on your car the chamois will just scratch it around the paintwork. Where the microfibre towels absorb everything.

Have a look in the car car section, link at the top of the page. In there you'll find everything you ever need to know about cleaning your car, including swirl marks and water spots etc. Also as Mike has pointed out everything you need can be bought from Autopia. Excellent service and discounts available. :winky:

I don't use chamois or MF towels to dry my Wifes Black car. I use my shop vac.I put the hose on the exhaust side so it blows the water off without adding more scratches to the paint.

If you already own a shop vac its free!

To wash I use a 100% Austrian wool wash mitt. It tends to hold any dirt the shampoo lifts from the paint and holds it until it is rinsed away in the rinse bucket.

I use two buckets for washing. One with the shampoo and a second filled with plain water. I use the plain water to rinse the mitt after I have washed a section of the car. This way any dirt gets released into the rinse water and cant be picked up when you grab more shampoo.

Black just is a hard color to keep scratch free.

I have a black IS250, and noticed swirls quite soon after collecting. That was in my old regime of ... hose it down, wash with sponge, rinse and chammy dry.

Have now seen the error of my ways.....new regime

Hose down.

Attach soft brush to hose and clean with top down strokes making sure no grit stays on the brush.

Meguiars wash mit with Nxt generation wash solution and bucket of water to rinse the mit off.

Dry off with microfibre.

Also used some Zymol cleaner wax which removed most of the swirls I (or dealer ?) had put on the car.

Must say too, that there's nothing that shines quite like her when I'm finished ! Roll on the summer.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links