Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Proud New Owner Of A Gem

andyob

Hello lads n lassies

:)

i have become the proud owner of a 98 aristo v300 vertex .

black . got it at a steel cos its a japanees import one care full owner . 130km . ive changed the timing belt and the cam belts and all filters and discovered other filters through this forum .... very very helpfull thank you all. i have many questions and would be greatfull for any help ..the one burnin question is ..is there an english manual avail. ive messed around with the touch screen display and can work the heater . and some japanees girl is hidin in the car some where :) but seriously i would greatfully for any replies ..

thanks .andyob

Snap! It's an amazing drive isn't it? :D :D :driving:

Been looking myself for a handbook without much success. There doesn't appear to be too much info on here regarding the Aristo mark ii in general but a lot of help can be got from the supra mark iv forum and GS300/400/430 section on Clublexus forum. If you do come across a handbook please give us a shout.

Miles

Thanks for the warm welcome lads ive posted more picts and have found a toyota dealer that is goin to give the car the once over for the N.C.T ( irish M.O.T ) theres only so much that one can do by just pottering about under the bonnet their seems to be a diagnostic port on the right side of the engine in front of the Battery . I have all sorts of lights lighting up on the dash display but the are orange in colour so im hoping its not a big deal ..ill keep yous boys posted goin in on Tuesday 21/3/06......now the touch screen and computer in the car are in japanses does anyone know if the operating system for the computer can be changed to an english one and has andbody had this done . or knows where it can be done .have asked a couple of mecks. i know but to be honest they havent a clue either .. once again thanks for the replies lads ...andyob :)

There's a guy on the Toyota import forum called Luke who should be able to give you a bit of help regarding the stereo. He's menat to be the best in business at this type of thing but unfortunately for me lives in Bournemoth.

Been meaning to ask a couple of questions to any Aristo owners anyway, but have you got a red switch inside your glovebox - what does it do? Have you got a greenish switch on the bottom right of the steering column - what does it do? And does your cruise control work? :huh::huh::huh:

You'll have to post some piccies, I'll do the same when the weather gets nice and I can give it a little clean. :D

Hello, and welcome!

Greenish switch - probably rear fog lights?

Which lights have you got on the dash? The ECU re-set is nigh on impossible on the Aristo even if you fix the problem. We've just bought a £3k gizmo that should let us do this though.

Theres no handbook for the Aristo unfortunately, although any questions you have, put a post of here and someone will come to your help!

Gaz.

Nice one Gaz! That's exactly what it was but couldn't see it cos was in the car when trying it and in the daylight. :blush:

Take it you're the Aristo expert on here and the guy with answers to questions regarding this car?

Ta

Miles

The ECU re-set is nigh on impossible on the Aristo even if you fix the problem. We've just bought a £3k gizmo that should let us do this though.

Gaz.

Odd Gaz, my ECU reset when my Battery terminal jumped off the other day while parking (wrong Battery and termimnal was loose)

I was amazed it had reset as the supras ones mk3 and mk4 can take ages.

Bet it would happen agia if I wanted it reset lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links