Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Advice Required - Thinking Of Buying An Is

Amjad

Morning all,

This is my first post on this great website. I am lookig to buy a lexus IS 200 and need some advice on what to buy and what to be wary of. I only want to spend about 6K so I know I will only get a 1999 / 2000 model for that much, but I am undecided as to whether I should get a SE or a sport. I currently Drive a 2001 Vectra SRI which has the standard lowered suspension. The ride is quite hard so although i like the extras that come with the Sport i am not too sure of the ride quality. I quite like gadgets and gizmos so I like the Navigaton screen thingy. Is this an optional extra or is it standard on some models. Any advice will be very much appreciated

Amjad

Been covered a zillion times. Hit the search button and type buying guide or similar.

P.S Watch out for the rot that happens on the underside that causes seats to fall out. Many people have been lost through this.

yo amjad,search feature all the way mate.i ask alot of questions also that have already been answered in previous posts,most of the time :D .For 6k its unlikely you will get the sat/nav in the lex,maybe if you are lucky,but good luck anyway,i hope you get one.The prob with the satnav is its still an ok peice of kit and that certainly gives the seller some advantage to justify a high price on the vehicle,making the satnav one of the cars main features.you will see loads a probs with the IS if you use search and you will see that many IS owners have similar probs,ive got two IS200s at the moment and both have identical probs.In the manual many complain about a nasty 1 to 2 gear change,loadsa people will tell ya and many in the auto talk of acceleration probs,but i think most IS owners forgive these minor probs for the rest of the pleasure the car brings.someone will be along shortly im sure to help a little better but i think you should go along to some lex dealerships test drive some of their over priced IS200s and then you will have a good comparable.test drive a couple if you can,get as much info from the dealerships regarding the car(the bull they tell u)use the search and ask more questions then hopefully you will be able to make an informed decsision.ill keep a look out also for good ones i kinda like keeping an eye on the uk IS prices.good luck boss hope you get what you want.let us know how goes.

P.S Watch out for the rot that happens on the underside that causes seats to fall out. Many people have been lost through this.

I trust you realise how serious this post is ;) :rolleyes:

I trust you realise how serious this post is ;) :rolleyes:

I only wish to inform him about the corrosion issues. Woe-be-tide when he lands on his arse and his car carries on. :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links