Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Meguiar's 3000 Unigrit Paper

Hando

Title says it all really. Looking to DIY fix the mother of all stone chips and looking for Meg's Unigrit paper 3000. Meg's UK don't seem to stock it and I've tried most of the usual suspects - anyone had any joy finding some in the UK?

thanks

h

I've got some 2000 grit...

3000 grit, u'll need to buy it from USA i thinks

I'm scared of 2000 :ohmy: I'm going to be polishing by hand and am worried about getting the friction up to polish out the marks from 2000.

Or have I got the wrong end of the stick :question:

Where did you get your 2000 from BTW?

Edited by Hando

i wetsanded 60% of my car with 2000 grit and then polishing up with porter cable polisher....

by hand? fo get it!! lol

get a porter cable polisher mate... it will be the best investment u ever made!

its a MUST have with a black car...

;)

i wetsanded 60% of my car with 2000 grit and then polishing up with porter cable polisher....

by hand? fo get it!! lol

;)

Yep saw the job you did - twas awesome! Wish I could get the porter - but no funds at the mo. I'm only planning on wetsanding the raised bit of touch up paint after touching up the stone chip. Guys on the autopia forum reckon you can polish out the marks of 3000 by hand - but I'm a little nervous to say the least. BTW have found a source in the UK, Alex at SeriousPerformance can order it in.

Hando - you've just had the car resprayed and already got a serious stone chip ? :o

Yes, I know - :crybaby: - I do about 3 hours driving a day mostly at speed on the A3 - was kind of inevitable. However, I'm gonna take it back to the body shop and see if they'll touch it up as there's a couple of other imperfections showing through now that the paint has fully cured - fingers firmly crossed.

Cheers to everyone else for the tips!

by hand? fo get it!! lol

;)

which polisher in particular Mr Singh as they do a few of them ?

Hi, you may not get a response from Mr. Singh as he's probably busy fixing his baby (it's broke!) but I'm guessing he's talking about this one.

Someone should be along to confirm soon - but bear in mind that you'll need a power converter to run in the UK.

HTH

Hi, you may not get a response from Mr. Singh as he's probably busy fixing his baby (it's broke!) but I'm guessing he's talking about this one.

Someone should be along to confirm soon - but bear in mind that you'll need a power converter to run in the UK.

HTH

What other options are there for electric polishers, I assume there are some decent UK ones available ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links