Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

More Work Being Done

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That looks very impressive Adie B)

Are you going to retain that silicon hose from the throttle body (carried over from the original turbo kit)? It has a nasty restriction so it would be worth considering replacing it for a better design.

Probably will be for now untill I fit the new intercooler. Then all new pipe work will be used anyway. Just waiting on the I/C :winky:

Although looking at it I might sort out something temporary.

So angry i cant see the pics gotta wait till 8 when i get home sooooo angry LoL

Nearly there mate lol got much else to do???

Fit all the pipe work and tidy it all up. Plus rad and fans to go back in. Just small jobs really. FPR still to go in too with the return line from the fuel rail. Everythin is already done. The cars going on the ramp today to start all those jobs.

Then the rest of the 3" exhaust system and running in of the car. Then the mapping.

Edited by Adie

good things come to those who wait :D

And wait and wait and wait ........ (you get the idea) :lol:

I've been told 2 weeks maximum... after I've told them of my displeasure of waiting but I've still got an MOT to sort and some other little goodies to be fitted before I can map.. Oh and there is the small matter of running the engine in too (been told around 500 miles should be ok...Does this sound about right??).

mate i done about a 1000 miles on mine mate keeping revs low no boost

with how much your spending mate a bit like my self what is a 1000 miles 6-8weeks

not much realy

and mine has been fine but 500 should be enough just my opinion

good things come to those who wait :D

And wait and wait and wait ........ (you get the idea) :lol:

I've been told 2 weeks maximum... after I've told them of my displeasure of waiting but I've still got an MOT to sort and some other little goodies to be fitted before I can map.. Oh and there is the small matter of running the engine in too (been told around 500 miles should be ok...Does this sound about right??).

mate i done about a 1000 miles on mine mate keeping revs low no boost

with how much your spending mate a bit like my self what is a 1000 miles 6-8weeks

not much realy

and mine has been fine but 500 should be enough just my opinion

Yeah I'm going to do 500 odd. Then by the time I drive to TDI it should be properly run in. I phoned that exhaust place today and will be going back there again. If its a Sat I might give you a ring so you can take me for a spin in yours :winky:

:blush:SO AWSOME, BUDDY!!! :blush:

Can't wait to see it running.

I think I will come over to do a testdrive with you. B)

So good feeling to see the stuff being used on your Lexus! :winky:

Thanks mate :) The manifold fitted well onto the engine. The holes had to be made slightly bigger to fit the turbo adapter. But all in all excellent job mate :winky:

Yeah I'm going to do 500 odd. Then by the time I drive to TDI it should be properly run in. I phoned that exhaust place today and will be going back there again. If its a Sat I might give you a ring so you can take me for a spin in yours :winky:

no probs mate

no probs mate

If u 2 are going to be a TDI at the same time hmmmmmm maybe a dyno session :shifty:

Looks proper hench Adie that turbo look a lot bigger now its in

I had a browse again today. The engine is in COMPLETE... Everything is in COMPLETE. Only work to be done is the new pipe work. The time has been taken up fabricating a flange for the turbo. This is because HKS want you to buy their own down pipe for the GT Pro turbo. So it doesn't fit any turbo but is their own model. Rad and fans are in fitted. Everything is in, plugged in, wired in, fitted... Just the new pipe work,,

Happy days :D

Plus a few blue items and more shiny items have been fitted... Looking good B)

Yet another update :huh:

We are now hoping for the end of next week if all goes OK. The down pipe flange is complete and fitted to the downpipe. Its been test fitted and is fine. It now just needs welding properly and heat wrapping. The air intake pipe is also done but will need taking off to be polished at a later date (some time over Christmas probably). Its actually off a Skyline.

With regards the return fuel system. All line and pipes etc are now made and are also being fitted. The wastegate return pipe is also being fabricated.

I'm doing away with the Apexi air filter (selling with the turbo kit) and am fitting a Pipercross Viper filter. This has a carbon shield around it for heat protection and will also have another smaller pipe ducted from it straight into my cold air feeds. (never heard of it before but I'm told they are pretty good).

I shall be going back over on Wednesday so should have some pics of the pretty much completed installation ;)

Cool, can't wait to see it all again fella, just a shame it's gonna be crazy driving it in this weather with all that power, had a standard Corolla up my arse on the way home tonight, think he wanted a race, he was at full pelt and I wasn't doing anything as the roads were slippy and the **** nearly rammed me, could have been a nice way to get the rear bumper painted though :lol:

Bet your getting itchy now mate :D viper kit are meant to be good but they are pretty expensive no object to you tho :lol:

Yeah can't wait mate. It's been too long since I've had a car :duh: I'd never heard of the viper kit. But if I go for the apexi filter then I'll have to get a box made up anyway to shield it, then get it chromed / polished. So it probably wont be too much difference price wise in the long run anyway.

That's great news Adie :D

I'm a bit concerned about the Viper induction though <_<. We haven't tested an application yet where the Viper does not lose power over a standard intake. The problem is that is that airflow likes to travel around the outside edge of an orifice (not through the middle). The Viper actualy blocks off the outside edge which means that the engine has to suck through the middle of the orifice (which reduces the airflow efficiency).

I know of a similar but much better design sysem (let me know if you want the details).

I'm a bit concerned about the Viper induction though <_<. We haven't tested an application yet where the Viper does not lose power over a standard intake. The problem is that is that airflow likes to travel around the outside edge of an orifice (not through the middle). The Viper actualy blocks off the outside edge which means that the engine has to suck through the middle of the orifice (which reduces the airflow efficiency).

I know of a similar but much better design sysem (let me know if you want the details).

Cheers Mark. I'll look into that. What's the other one then please mate :question:

Cheers Mark. I'll look into that. What's the other one then please mate :question:

I emailed you the details yesterday Adie :). Definately worth considering as it's one of the best air boxes I have seen in recent times.

I emailed you the details yesterday Adie :). Definately worth considering as it's one of the best air boxes I have seen in recent times.

HKS :question:

HKS :question:

No. TDi do not sell sell them.

What inductions are these then?

I'm getting a SARD panel filter over the next couple of days to try out to see if that affects my MPG, also I've heard it makes a little more noise which will be interesting if so but always interested in seeing other kits which look nicer in the engine bay!

What inductions are these then?

I'm getting a SARD panel filter over the next couple of days to try out to see if that affects my MPG, also I've heard it makes a little more noise which will be interesting if so but always interested in seeing other kits which look nicer in the engine bay!

ITG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links