Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Did I Do Wrong?

Had just given my IS250 Sport a good wash yesterday and was spraying off the suds with my pressure washer, when all of a sudden the hazard warning lights flashed a couple of times and then all 4 windows opened fully, the sunroof slid open....and the bootlid clicked open!!!

Now this is not an ideal situation when you have a light beige interior which doesn't cope well with water dripping in through every orifice.

I had the key remote in my pocket, but to my knowledge had not pressed anything by accident...and in any case I dont think you should be able to do this with one 'blip' of a button.

Does anyone know what might have caused this?

P.S Luckily the interior dried out stain-free!

Had just given my IS250 Sport a good wash yesterday and was spraying off the suds with my pressure washer, when all of a sudden the hazard warning lights flashed a couple of times and then all 4 windows opened fully, the sunroof slid open....and the bootlid clicked open!!!

Now this is not an ideal situation when you have a light beige interior which doesn't cope well with water dripping in through every orifice.

I had the key remote in my pocket, but to my knowledge had not pressed anything by accident...and in any case I dont think you should be able to do this with one 'blip' of a button.

I have just read the blurb on the 250 and it has auto-open when you press and hold the open button on the remote (happened to me once on a 3 series I had :sick: thought someone was nicking the car as I was in the garage at the time!)

Strangely it seems the car doesn't have auto-closure though but I can't test if this is true 'till I get my car - 13 days and counting!!!!

Rich.

I have just read the blurb on the 250 and it has auto-open when you press and hold the open button on the remote (happened to me once on a 3 series I had :sick: thought someone was nicking the car as I was in the garage at the time!)

Strangely it seems the car doesn't have auto-closure though but I can't test if this is true 'till I get my car - 13 days and counting!!!!

Rich.

Thanks for your replies.

I have experimented with the remote, and you are right...after a few seconds of pushing the open button, the whole lot opens up. The reverse is true with an extended blip of the close button...apart from having to slam the boot shut.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links