Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Modifying My Is 200

he sat on the dyno sheet & its now illegible ..getting another one when next @ dyno

:ohmy: why, did he have a runny bottom or something !!

CEL is as you say and electronic bit is on its way

thought it was common knowledge about the CEL light and lack of cat,

Brakes are due to wheels being out of alignment (front subframe dropped so needs resetting) in case this is not the case new discs are here @ Prolex towers

wobly brakes :ohmy: thought they were new !,

how would alignment affect the brakes surely it would affect the whole driveability

how would balancing affect the brakes surely it would affect the whole driveability

surely if alignment was necessary due to the subframe removal, this should have been carried out before being driven

TRC light is proably due to loose connection due to installing the AFR guage @ last moment and not being road tested due to being driven away it only came on sevearl hours after he left. We are on stand by to fix problem

how would the TRC not working :o (nico`s words) have anything to do with the AFR guage

i guess 6 months wasnt enough :whistling:

i hear Norway is nice, a bit cold at this time of year, better take some jumpers with you :lol:

nice to see a satisfied customer :D

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why was the subframe dropped....?

even still cant see how it can put alignment out

to fit oil return line.............

Why?....Removal of the chassis for fitment reads somewhat violent is this wise? Surely fitment of any component should comply with the existing chassis. I am sorry but i fail to see the connection between the (brakes-Vibration. Alignment) and now the oil return... Someone is telling Porkies!

Pro-lex.... to retain credibility where are your towers? :unsure: Each time i read this thread it reads like something sold on eBay.... Where is your base!.... Something is missing here methinks!

Tony i dont know you, and have only meet you once you seem like a nice guy.................but hay you can teel you have teamed up with TDI ;)

Now i know why i dont come on here as much now................ ;)

as long as Nico is happy, what else is there to say............ :)

Nico hows the car, do you like it.........and i bet you can not stop :D with the sound of the BOV going of when you go up the gears :winky:

Why?....Removal of the chassis for fitment reads somewhat violent is this wise? Surely fitment of any component should comply with the existing chassis. I am sorry but i fail to see the connection between the (brakes-Vibration. Alignment) and now the oil return... Someone is telling Porkies!

Pro-lex.... to retain credibility where are your towers? :unsure: Each time i read this thread it reads like something sold on eBay.... Where is your base!.... Something is missing here methinks!

Tony i dont know you, and have only meet you once you seem like a nice guy.................but hay you can teel you have teamed up with TDI ;)

Nico hows the car, do you like it.........and i bet you can not stop :D with the sound of the BOV going of when you go up the gears :winky:

I teamed with tdi eight months ago whats your point? I feel no animosity but my question remains despite the argumentative distraction... Pro-lex where is your base!

I teamed with tdi eight months ago whats your point? I feel no animosity but my question remains despite the argumentative distraction... Pro-lex where is your base!

my Q to you whats your point, what has Prolex base got to do with this post or any post on here........and my point is you was not like this before you teamed up with TDI ;)

my Q to you whats your point, what has Prolex base got to do with this post or any post on here........and my point is you was not like this before you teamed up with TDI ;)

the topic is about Nico`s car, and its development through Prolex

tony has asked a valid question, one which i am sure Dave will no problem in answering

please keep to the topic

:)

the topic is about Nico`s car, and its development through Prolex

tony has asked a valid question, one which i am sure Dave will no problem in answering

please keep to the topic

:)

Hi bazza, thats fine with me mate..........but still dont see what Prolex base has to do with this post :yawn:

Quote: Marcus

my Q to you whats your point, what has Prolex base got to do with this post or any post on here........and my point is you was not like this before you teamed up with TDI :winky:

My point is ambiguous and i hold no valid point to the overall thread other than the visible invitation relating to the alignment/ brake issue earlier in the thread... wim's healthy new opinion now teamed with tdi i take as a compliment (thank you).. But we do live in a free world so my observations however unpallatable surely can be answered even if we confess off-topic faynights.... My observations conclude that Pro-lex does not have a base.

All the evidence and past conversations never speaks of a base/ business/ shop or address ,something is smelly in my opinion.... Prove me wrong! give all in LOC an address for the Prolex workshop:-

Quote: Marcus

my Q to you whats your point, what has Prolex base got to do with this post or any post on here........and my point is you was not like this before you teamed up with TDI :winky:

My point is ambiguous and i hold no valid point to the overall thread other than the visible invitation relating to the alignment/ brake issue earlier in the thread... wim's healthy new opinion now teamed with tdi i take as a compliment (thank you).. But we do live in a free world so my observations however unpallatable surely can be answered even if we confess off-topic faynights.... My observations conclude that Pro-lex does not have a base.

All the evidence and past conversations never speaks of a base/ business/ shop or address ,something is smelly in my opinion.... Prove me wrong! give all in LOC an address for the Prolex workshop:-

Tony has WIM got its own base yet :question:

One of Prolex workshops, where some work / new is250 project car going on at the min is, :shutit:

7 Marple rd

Charlesworth

Glossop

Derbyshire

SK13 5EY

not wanting to get involved...but WIM is a website that offers advice, tony works from STS.....

i dont see a relevance gord

charlesworth motors is a business in its own right,

what i think Tony is asking is what are the registered business address/addresses of Prolex

Edited by Monster-Mat

I've PM'd Tony with a more detailed explanation of the possible causes of the brake judder which may cause him to reflect on what he said.

I use workshops in Manchester,Silverstone, Dorset and London.

Nico has seen the London workshop twice now so its not a figment of my imagination.

I just want to make a public request to Dave now, and if he can't help me perhaps somebody else can? I feel that this brake issue has been discussed alot now and want to sort it out.

To Prolex: Will you send me new or better brakes, or do I actually have to pay for a alignement before you will send them? Will you refund me the money spent on garages here? I was told that the brakes were bedded in, and I noticed the jutter at once I left the garage.

I am looking for an acknowledgement as I can't be held responsible for these errors. I am prepared to make a complete judgment of the car when all errors are fixed, so those who are wondering if I am pleased or not will have to wait! :)

I've PM'd Tony with a more detailed explanation of the possible causes of the brake judder which may cause him to reflect on what he said.

Nico has seen the London workshop twice now so its not a figment of my imagination.

Reflect on what! Seemingly i now need to validate my base http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/trusted.htm pick one of these. wim's own unit is yet to be opened, no mystery there.

Like many people that are reading this thread i have no experience for engine development but read the thread regardless purely out of interest and since i am not captured by the topic i can also read areas others miss... to quote

"I use workshops in Manchester, Silverstone, Dorset and London"... "I USE" are the key words!.... well i use the local toilets but they don't belong to me!

Reflect on what! Seemingly i now need to validate my base http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/trusted.htm pick one of these. wim's own unit is yet to be opened, no mystery there.

Like many people that are reading this thread i have no experience for engine development but read the thread regardless purely out of interest and since i am not captured by the topic i can also read areas others miss... to quote

"I use workshops in Manchester, Silverstone, Dorset and London"... "I USE" are the key words!.... well i use the local toilets but they don't belong to me!

I thought you was web site ? that address in watford is wim or sts ?

I just want to make a public request to Dave now, and if he can't help me perhaps somebody else can? I feel that this brake issue has been discussed alot now and want to sort it out.

To Prolex: Will you send me new or better brakes, or do I actually have to pay for a alignement before you will send them? Will you refund me the money spent on garages here? I was told that the brakes were bedded in, and I noticed the jutter at once I left the garage.

I am looking for an acknowledgement as I can't be held responsible for these errors. I am prepared to make a complete judgment of the car when all errors are fixed, so those who are wondering if I am pleased or not will have to wait! :)

Nico, sorry I don't understand :blush:. Are you saying that you were told that the brakes were pre-bedded in by Prolex, and that they were juddering as soon as you collected the car?

What brand of brakes were they please?

Nico, sorry I don't understand :blush:. Are you saying that you were told that the brakes were pre-bedded in by Prolex, and that they were juddering as soon as you collected the car?

What brand of brakes were they please?

I was told nothing about bedding in of brakes. The car has done many miles since I left the car with Prolex, and I was told that it had been driven to bed the brakes in. That is not an issue however as Dave hasn't said to me that it is my fault, as long as I don't have to take the blame or the cost I am happy. I don't know the brand of the brakes, as I haven't been given a reciept yet.

Nico

We did 200 kms at normal speeds in your car prior to the dyno session.

The brakes were therefore not fully bedded in prior to you taking the car.

I'm told that you were told to drive carefully for a few hundred miles to bed them in fully (fronts and rears are both new)

I'm also told that shortly after leaving the workshop you phoned the technician to say how awesome the car was and how you had blown a Alfo Romeo off. You were again told to take it steady.

When you called several hours later to mention the judder we did several things. Firstly contacted the supplier to order a new set in case your set were faulty. Secondly advised you to get the alignment done due to the fact we'd lowered the front subframe and the settings though close needed setting up. We'd also noticed a imbalance in the wheels (prior to brakes being fitted)

So with the above fact in mind it is not unreasonable to ask you to get the alignment done and wheels balanced before we send a new set over as that may well rectify the problem (as no judder was noted at the speed we drove car at) if it doesnt the new brakes will be sent out to you by express courier and all will be well (if you bed the brakes in correctly)

I'd also point out that you agreed last night to do this as soon as possible so cant see why you are now seemingly changing your mind.

200km is enough to bed in brakes.......

the judder, at what speed is it evedent..?

"blowing off" an alfa, is a sign of speed....not slowing(however i see where your linking it)

the judder is NOT warped discs, there is no such thing, it is pad material transfer, and can happen at anytime, this can happen just by sitting at traffic lights with your foot on the brake pedal!....for a split second

but i go back to the original statement, if the car had been driven for 200km, then this would be more than suffice to bed in pads to discs, all this process is doing is removing the manufacturing surface from both discs and pads, bringing the 2 components into the best friction situation required for best braking effort, it also conditions the metal fabric by the induction of heat build up

Other possible causes of brake "judder" are: (on applying the brakes @ pretty much any speed)

incorrectly mounted dics or disc bells if its a split disc/bell set up

incorrectly mounted discs, disc carrier/hub not cleaned and run out measured...!!

incorrectly mounted directional discs

sudden hard use after new instalation

disc surfaces not cleaned prior to first use

sticking calipers

wheel judder @ 80kmh, this is caused by wheel/disc/hub out off balance, or faulty suspension components

alignement would cause wheel /tyre wear, vehicle track issues whilt on the road...not wobble

Nico

We did 200 kms at normal speeds in your car prior to the dyno session.

The brakes were therefore not fully bedded in prior to you taking the car.

I'm told that you were told to drive carefully for a few hundred miles to bed them in fully (fronts and rears are both new)

I'm also told that shortly after leaving the workshop you phoned the technician to say how awesome the car was and how you had blown a Alfo Romeo off. You were again told to take it steady.

When you called several hours later to mention the judder we did several things. Firstly contacted the supplier to order a new set in case your set were faulty. Secondly advised you to get the alignment done due to the fact we'd lowered the front subframe and the settings though close needed setting up. We'd also noticed a imbalance in the wheels (prior to brakes being fitted)

So with the above fact in mind it is not unreasonable to ask you to get the alignment done and wheels balanced before we send a new set over as that may well rectify the problem (as no judder was noted at the speed we drove car at) if it doesnt the new brakes will be sent out to you by express courier and all will be well (if you bed the brakes in correctly)

I'd also point out that you agreed last night to do this as soon as possible so cant see why you are now seemingly changing your mind.

Don't try and blame this on me! I have video footage of your technician driving my car like he stole it!! Are you telling me that ONE pull at a red light is going to effect my brakes. on the alignment, will you pay for it? yes or no?

200km is enough to bed in brakes.......

the judder, at what speed is it evedent..?

"blowing off" an alfa, is a sign of speed....not slowing(however i see where your linking it)

the judder is NOT warped discs, there is no such thing, it is pad material transfer, and can happen at anytime, this can happen just by sitting at traffic lights with your foot on the brake pedal!....for a split second

but i go back to the original statement, if the car had been driven for 200km, then this would be more than suffice to bed in pads to discs, all this process is doing is removing the manufacturing surface from both discs and pads, bringing the 2 components into the best friction situation required for best braking effort, it also conditions the metal fabric by the induction of heat build up

Other possible causes of brake "judder" are: (on applying the brakes @ pretty much any speed)

incorrectly mounted dics or disc bells if its a split disc/bell set up

incorrectly mounted discs, disc carrier/hub not cleaned and run out measured...!!

incorrectly mounted directional discs

sudden hard use after new instalation

disc surfaces not cleaned prior to first use

sticking calipers

wheel judder @ 80kmh, this is caused by wheel/disc/hub out off balance, or faulty suspension components

alignement would cause wheel /tyre wear, vehicle track issues whilt on the road...not wobble

I agree with you Mat.

However I would add the caveat that we have seen big brake kits made by a manufacturer in the SE London/kent area that suffer from warped discs. It's caused by a poor design issue.

only one i can think off, is Hi Spec, thats in that area,

personally i dont rate Hi spec stuff, it seems fine for show cars, but utter useless for cars with a bit of power,

you never find Hi spec stuff on any form of race car

Don't try and blame this on me! I have video footage of your technician driving my car like he stole it!! Are you telling me that ONE pull at a red light is going to effect my brakes. on the alignment, will you pay for it? yes or no?

if the technician is the same technician who took me for a test drive in my car, and i suspect it is ;)

all i can say is i am surprised you could video it

the way he drove my car was reckless, driving at breakneck speeds through busy urban roads, with no regard for safety to anyone

i got out the car shaking :ohmy:

it was truelly a shocking experience

the strange thing was , was that dave was in my car as well and was as shocked as i was, he assured me he would be having words with his technician

looks like communications failed ;)

certainly isnt the best way to bed brakes in :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links