Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MKI GS300. When I start up, I get a gurgling and sloshing sound from the climate control. Does it need refilling and if so does anyone know how much it will cost?

It's around 100-140 for regassing.

Are you sure it's the climate control???

Mines making a similar noise but i think it may be air in the system as my coolant was way down.......

To quote Fluff " u have air in the system, prob trapped in the heater matrix, u need the system bled".....

worth checking before spending alot on a gas refill

I don't want to panic anyone but when I had my Supra many years ago, I tried everything to stop the gurgling noise. It turned out it was first sign of a Head Gasket Leak. I sold the car 6 years ago and the buyer still owns it and just puts up with the noise. It doesn't cause him any problems but then again, as soon as I heard what it may be, I retorqued the head which was was a bit loose.

I agree with Colin,sounds like a airlock in the coolant system.

:excl: With the engine cold say its been left overnight so theres no pressure in the coolant system take the radiator cap off,turn the heater temp to max hot and put the fan speed to fast...

Start the engine up,dont rev it up just let get start to get warm.When you can feel warm air coming out of the air vents the thermostat is open.Gently rev the engine up to no more the a couple of thousand revs then let it idle and repeat a few times that should clear all the air from the system. :excl: As youve doing all this keep a eye of the radiator top as the coolant wil start to expand and overflow out of it slowly.Now its time to put the radiator cap back on :excl: Coolant will be warm so take care.Id put the cap on with the engine still running so it wont suck any air back into the coolant system..

Might be worth having someone else keep a eye on the radiator well your inside the car keeping a eye on the engine temp as its warming up.

:excl: Dont try the above if theres any chance the engines warm as the coolant system will have pressure in it and the coolant will be HOT and you could get burnt :excl:

Also check the Coolant Level in the Header Tank after youve finished,might need slight topping up.

Hope thats of some help..

Chips..

Many thanks everybody how wonderfully helpful. I put a query on the US site about a technical issue recently and got no replies. They all seem to want to talk about the colour of hairbrushes or other such nonsense!

I don't want to panic anyone but when I had my Supra many years ago, I tried everything to stop the gurgling noise. It turned out it was first sign of a Head Gasket Leak. I sold the car 6 years ago and the buyer still owns it and just puts up with the noise. It doesn't cause him any problems but then again, as soon as I heard what it may be, I retorqued the head which was was a bit loose.

Must have been a MKIII.

Defintely sounds like air in the system, never known an air con system to gurgle.

As chips says, bleed the system and see how you go, I wouldn't worry about a BHG just yet as the 2JZ very very rarely blows.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links