Sign in to follow this  
Continunity

Continunitys Is200

Hi,

Well i finally got around to cleaning and polishing my car, its not show and shine but its better than it was. Problem is that i live up a dusty dirt road so my car gets filthy really quickly. Any one know any tricks for stopping dust sticking to ya car.. Anyway enjoy the photos, of another standard IS200 T reg

Arty Front View

DSCI0001-1.jpg

Arty Rear View

DSCI0002.jpg

Slanty Side View

DSCI0003.jpg

Now the problems

Slight scape on the passanger side

DSCI0004.jpg

any ideas on repairing?

Im guessing this can be reapired with those pen thingys

DSCI0005.jpg

Comments welcome.

nice shiny car there mate :D

that bumper scrape on the passenger side looks like it'll need a re-spray :crybaby:

Nice looking car there - I especially like the side profile of the IS it looks great (third picture).

I'd have thought for the worst of the bumper scuffs you might get a bodyshop to have a look. Trouble with things like that is if you just paint over them you can still see the shape of the scrape, it could do with a bit of filler and sanding to make it go away completely.

For the other scuff you could try that t-cut for metallic paints, I was dubious but a mate had some really good results on his SLK.

bodyshop. sounds expenisve.... oh well needs muxt. anyone know where i can get hold of the corner spats.. If i have the part number can lexus get them?

thanks for the comments

bodyshop. sounds expenisve.... oh well needs muxt. anyone know where i can get hold of the corner spats.. If i have the part number can lexus get them?

thanks for the comments

if you fit corner spats, that nasty scrape could well be covered :winky:

hehe thats the plan, why fix what you can cover up!!

there ya go mate, my thinking exactly :winky:

Nice looking car there - I especially like the side profile of the IS it looks great (third picture).

I'd have thought for the worst of the bumper scuffs you might get a bodyshop to have a look. Trouble with things like that is if you just paint over them you can still see the shape of the scrape, it could do with a bit of filler and sanding to make it go away completely.

For the other scuff you could try that t-cut for metallic paints, I was dubious but a mate had some really good results on his SLK.

If its on the surface (someone else's paint on your car, and no physical indentation/scratch to your bumbper), then t-cut seriously works wonders!

Tried it and test myself on my own car - and it wasn't even the t-cut for metallic paints. Just bog standard t-cut.

D.

If its on the surface (someone else's paint on your car, and no physical indentation/scratch to your bumbper), then t-cut seriously works wonders!

Tried it and test myself on my own car - and it wasn't even the t-cut for metallic paints. Just bog standard t-cut.

D.

Unforutnaly i thin kthe scrapes are acutlly indented...