Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is The Aristo V300 Rear Bumper The Same Part As The Gs One?

aido

I need a new rear bumper for my Aristo, this one has had better days and I was going to just get it resprayed but it's got a few dings so could do with replacing...

Anyway, does anyone know if a standard rear bumper is the same part for the Aristo as the GS300 / GS430 - I'm assuming so, just not sure if there are any differences in the crash foam stuff that mean there are any minor size differences such as the difference between the UK and US spec IS300's?

Thanks in advance :D

Oh trust me, you can go get a large exhaust, a bodykit, everything...it'll still be a sleeper ;)...mostly due to lack of knowledge out there about our cars hehe...people just expect it to be a N/A 3.0L I6...instead of a 3.0L I6 TT ;).

(hehe talk about trying to make you spend your money)

:lol:

Good point mate, for some reason a tithead of a Micra driver was trying to race me the other night, I'd flashed him because he was just sitting in the middle lane of the M1 with no traffic about and eventually overtook him and swung over to the left hand lane, he must have been trying to accellerate to 80 to catch up with me for ages so then I just floored it and he still just sat in the middle lane for as long as I could see!

Some people are strange!

Maybe I'll get a kit next year, all down to situation fella!

:lol:

Good point mate, for some reason a tithead of a Micra driver was trying to race me the other night, I'd flashed him because he was just sitting in the middle lane of the M1 with no traffic about and eventually overtook him and swung over to the left hand lane, he must have been trying to accellerate to 80 to catch up with me for ages so then I just floored it and he still just sat in the middle lane for as long as I could see!

Some people are strange!

Maybe I'll get a kit next year, all down to situation fella!

Oh trust me I get Mercs and BMW's up my ***** flashing me and just accelerate a little and then let off after leaving them three or four car lengths behind with the B...then they calm down straight away. People always think the car's a GS300...just recently I had some woman in a Merc C280 try and race me on the A406...was on the right so just accelerated away...got up to a camera after a bridge and she kept on going...got flashed hehe...just hate people up my *****...and do whatever it takes to get rid of them...but a MICRA?! :duh:

Interesting discussion. Personally, I don't race. Well, not a Micra anyway..must be a Northern thing. :winky:

Back to the point about bodykits, would a fullbody kit make a difference to acceleration/fuel consumption because of the extra weight/drag?

Yeah I know, it was proper bizarre, think he just wanted the ricer flyby, but I never even gave him the pleasure :lol:

I know what you mean about people being too close, always makes me nervous so I just increase speed to make a safe gap and then let them past when there is room, unless I'm in a bad mood and then I just floor it and it cheers me up everytime!

• 2 weeks later...

We got a Micra in our Scottish Car Club...it'll kick yer *****, runs 12 second 1/4 miles lol. Not all Micras are created equal!

I checked out a new rear bumper when I had a dent in it, it was 1100+VAT (but it came painted) from Japan.

So I would advise you to get it re-sprayed.

Bodykits can be made of cheap junk, and you have to get skirts, front end and rear end all painted, it's a lot of dollars for minor enhancement.

I run the TRD anti-roll bars and the Tein Flex suspension, the difference in handling is unbelievable and can stay thru the corners with Subarus, M3s etc. although the Evo might just get away from you if driven very hard.

Thanks Yoshi, I managed to get a rear bumper off eBay for 50 quid, just need to get it sprayed, but it's in much better condition than the one on the car now, think that can be recovered but would be a much harder job for the bodyshop!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links