Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Custom Charges To London

uzziz

it depends

I ordered a dvd and i never paid any customs charges.... But i have known people to pay customs on dvd's etc.. bigger items i think dont get away with it as much.

You dont pay customs on Gifts and samples.. so ask them to write sample on the box

Hi

I used to regulally order dvd's and cd's from amazon.com which is based in the states and is a hell of a lot cheaper than the uk site.

I never paid any vat charges on maybe 5 deliveries but it seemed to change after the Anthrax thing happened over there with the anthrax being sent through the post.

Since then I've had to pay each time I've ordered anything,maybe another 4 deliveries,put this down to the post office doing more checks for security.

subsequently have stopped ordering from there as it doesn't work out any cheaper because of this.

Hi all

Does any one know if i will incurr any custom charges if i purchased a product online ie for the usa

can any one elaborate on this

(purchasing contact lenses for wife)

I ordered lenses from usa once ... yes got stung for duty + vat.

After that, may as well order from postoptics in the uk.

One of my collegues orders DVDs from amazon in the USA a lot, generally if its just one DVD in a package its going to be under £20, anything above that in value and / or two DVDs is usually going to get attention. I think it a lot of it has to do with how big the items are and how much they are worth, although I am sure what it is will help too. Companies like amazon aren't likely to write gift on the package I suspect, others may do if you ask nicely.....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links