Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Self Parking Lexus Ls460

Check it for yourself, self parking Lexus using the new high tech gadget :)

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/clips/lexus...view-196551.php

don't know but at least if your partner marks the car when parking using the park assist you technicaly should be able to take it back to lexus to get them to repair it F.O.C as it is a fault with the car!? :duh:

anyway I don't care, I need to rob a bank because I WANT ONE NOW!!!! :shifty:

far to nice to be legal!

Craig

• 4 years later...

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! I have only been driving for a few years, and yes there is nothing I dread more than parallel parking, however, how lazy are we as a species?

Young and new drivers, already, are oblivious to pretty much everything out there. People have gotten to the point where they don't even use their signal to turn or change lanes. But I mean, who needs to signal? God knows where they're going right??

Thanks,

Traffic class online

Hi, obsolete before it starts then !

Who on earth needs 6.5 feet to parallel park a LS ?

Maybe I've been driving far too long BUT I do know that what starts off as a good parking space with plenty of room back and front can soon change with other more canny drivers parking to leave you a lot less space by the time you come to leave !

Malc

I test drove a LS460SE-L a few weeks ago, and i have to say this Park Assist function is the bees knees.

I have forgotten how many times i have witnessed people trying to park, and completely mess it up only to pull away again,and try and park some where else. Where this come in very handy is the fact not only does it get you in to the spot, it can, and will work out if the car will get in, if it cannot it will not move (on assist), and secondly when it manoeveures into the space you are the right distance from the kerb which means "Hey Presto"............no wheel scuffs, and iv'e lost count on the times i have caught mine, along with a lot of other drivers if they are truthful. The only drawback i can see is that it takes a little bit of time to set up, and if you are trying to park on a busy road no doubt you could cause a tailback, apart from that a genius piece of engineering, so brilliant you can now have it on the new ford focus i believe, and no doubt many more manufacturers will follow suit.

George.

I'm going to the Lexus Open Road Day on Thursday ( just realised what that spells).

Anyway I have booked the LS460 as one of my 3 test drives so I will give the park assist a try and report back (I may even take the video camera and record it as I will have my hands free!

I wonder how an insurance claim would look it it all went wrong and caused 3rd party damage? When it came to filling the form in and it asks who was driving the vehicle at the time of the accident would you dare to put no one it was parking itself and the instructions said not to interere with the parking operation with any driver input.

Would the car or the driver lose their NCB!

I test drove a LS460SE-L a few weeks ago, and i have to say this Park Assist function is the bees knees.

I have forgotten how many times i have witnessed people trying to park, and completely mess it up only to pull away again,and try and park some where else. Where this come in very handy is the fact not only does it get you in to the spot, it can, and will work out if the car will get in, if it cannot it will not move (on assist), and secondly when it manoeveures into the space you are the right distance from the kerb which means "Hey Presto"............no wheel scuffs, and iv'e lost count on the times i have caught mine, along with a lot of other drivers if they are truthful. The only drawback i can see is that it takes a little bit of time to set up, and if you are trying to park on a busy road no doubt you could cause a tailback, apart from that a genius piece of engineering, so brilliant you can now have it on the new ford focus i believe, and no doubt many more manufacturers will follow suit.

George.

What did you think of the 460 as a car, nice to drive, stereo ect? I was thinking of looking at one as they are becoming quite a bargain.

George.

What did you think of the 460 as a car, nice to drive, stereo ect? I was thinking of looking at one as they are becoming quite a bargain.

Hi

Lovely car to drive, if you want all the goodies on the vehicle make sure it is the 460SE-L, lower models do not come with Auto Park Assist, ACC Protection and a few other things. The only thing i would say is the transmission could be slightly smoother, but the difference in power compared to my 430 is a lot more considering the 460 is only 300cc more. The stereo has 19 speakers compared to my system which has 11, but to be fair did not listen to it on the test drive.I wonder how the 600 would perform, very quick i would imagine even though they all achieve 155mph between them.

Your right in what you say, they are becoming a bargain, i would of probably bought the one i tested but the mrs had other ideas ......dohhhh......LOL

In my opinion you are looking in the right direction i don't think you can go wrong with these cars, but you did not mention what car you drive at the moment, but if you buy one make sure you have deep pockets, cos like ladies they take a lot of looking after :whistling:

Good luck in your search

George

Hi, obsolete before it starts then !

Who on earth needs 6.5 feet to parallel park a LS ?

Maybe I've been driving far too long BUT I do know that what starts off as a good parking space with plenty of room back and front can soon change with other more canny drivers parking to leave you a lot less space by the time you come to leave !

Malc

3 feet front and rear is a sensible gap to leave when parallel parking, I certainly wouldn't call it excessive. Any less and you risk someone scuffing your bumper corners.

Modern cars are harder to park than old ones because of their shape - they're bigger, all the corners are rounded off, and the windows are smaller (because of either styling, impact resistance, or both). e.g. I was following an Insignia the other day and thought to myself, 'I wouldn't want to try reversing that into a parking space.' The back window is tiny and sort of oval-shaped, and the boot drops down out of sight - like something from the 1940s. The LS400 is a big car but you can judge the width and length fairly easily because you can see the bonnet (if not the boot).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links