Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Could This Solve All The Problems?

Can anyone tell me roughly how long it takes for delivery, i know i'll need to add another week for Ireland!

Ordered on the Thursday evening. It arrived via registered mail on Saturday morning. Well, I actually had it on Suday afternoon as somebody forgot to tell me it had arrived :tsktsk:

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my wire today, should get it fitted as soon as i get my replacement HU from Pioneer next week. I'll need tofind a new point to hook up the remote amp wire because i presume the current wire im using will lose its power as soon as i plug the connector out from the factory amp.

If you look on your Pioneer headunit i'll bet there's a wire that will proberly be labelled "amp". This is exactly for that job.

Connect this to the remote power for your amp, and voila!

Hmmm never noticed that, had one on my last sony HU though. I'll be hooking up 2 amps. Should i use 2 seperate wires or just split the one between the 2 amps? :offtopic: Should i have seperate power cables and earth points for the 2 amps?

I've just used one Remote cable that goes to one amp then off to another and then off again etc.

For the Main Battery lead i've got a splitter fuse box. Like this:

wgfv14.jpg

Main Wire in, Then however many wires out to the amps.

And for the Negative, A similar thing but with out the fuses like this:

wgv14.jpg

Good connections then and a second fuse before each amp for that added protection

Cheers Mark thanks, picked these up from Halfords today. Got that ISO wire connected up to the car, fits no problem. The only problem now is, no head unit to test it out :crybaby: Hopefully i get mine back from Pioneer soon! Then the bass is back!!! :lol:

Part number on my amp is: 86280-53011 Which is different from the amp the guy who is selling this wire on eBay deisgned for, so obviously its a generic connector i hope. Well mine is a 1999 Altezza RS200. Maybe people that have successfully installed this cable can stick up their amp part number just so people can double check it will connect to their amp too.

Ho Ho Ho :hehe:

Hi guys

Question for those who have installed the Wire thingy adapter,: Do the back speakers (Mids & Subs) sound has good has before when you turn up the volume please? :o Bass + Mid range etc.. :D

please no Michael jacko vids too :P :P on your tube. (although it was good to see the thing in working mode despite the choice of music). :P :P

Been wondering / pondering to buy or not, it all depends if the stock speakers sound has good as before. :duh: :crybaby:can not afford to replace all the stock speakers has yet?

Kind Regards,

Dibslpg

Hi guys

Question for those who have installed the Wire thingy adapter,: Do the back speakers (Mids & Subs) sound has good has before when you turn up the volume please? :o Bass + Mid range etc.. :D

please no Michael jacko vids too :P :P on your tube. (although it was good to see the thing in working mode despite the choice of music). :P :P

Been wondering / pondering to buy or not, it all depends if the stock speakers sound has good as before. :duh: :crybaby:can not afford to replace all the stock speakers has yet?

Kind Regards,

Dibslpg

I found it sounded the same if not better when turned low down as Lee has mentioned.. When i say low it still sounds like it's at half volume or loud on the stock hu lol... The speakers seem to be able to handle it, but would need to check that over time as I wouldn't know what damage it may cause, to be honest & I am no sound techy.. I couldn't turn it up above half with LOUD mode on or it would distort... This was probably due to the stock speakers I will need to play with it more as I've taken it back out & given it to my brother again.. Will have it back by the weekend or will be purchasing myself a new 1 for Xmas, just waiting for the fascia to arrive...

I don't have music on loud in the car so not really tried it. If no one has posted then I'll give it ago this weekend and let you know.

Thanks a lot guys, I don'nt blast it either, but like to turn it up when i have a good track playing :D :D

Just like the clarity and a bit of Bass not enough to distort the speakers etc.. so will waite for the post before making my purchase of this toy :)

How long did it take to arrive and was it well made?

Cheers

Dibslpg.

I just installed mine today and fitted a Pioneer DEH-P55BT

Easy apart from getting the plug out of the amp for the bypass lead - that was a git, but other than that all good and easily got the aux lead routed to the cupholder where my iPod lives too.

I installed just to get a proper aux-in for my iPod, was not really after better/louder sounds as I think the stock stuff is pretty good. I gotta say the sounds so far seem to be as good if not better than the stock head unit and goes about as loud as I want it to without distorting. The new head unit allows me the option to send full range signals or just bass (adjustable cut-off) to the rear speakers (latter option I personally think sounds better).

I was quite pleased as I was half expecting to have to replace some or all of the speakers and really did not want to go to the hassle/cost of that. So well happy :)

Ok got the Fascia in, cables through like Lee said it's very obvious & simple when stripped down. Took me a little longer than u guys I expect as I'm awful at puttin things together(the plastic Fascia). Pieces upside down, lets jam that there lol... But is a very simple & fast job if if u take ur time & read instructions lol..

But its all ready just need to slide the HU in now really & must say it looks alot better than I thought & seems to be a very good fit to be fair to say it was cheap as chips ;)

Very happy & thanks for the help again... this was just a update on my progress :P

Ok got the Fascia in, cables through like Lee said it's very obvious & simple when stripped down. Took me a little longer than u guys I expect as I'm awful at puttin things together(the plastic Fascia). Pieces upside down, lets jam that there lol... But is a very simple & fast job if if u take ur time & read instructions lol..

But its all ready just need to slide the HU in now really & must say it looks alot better than I thought & seems to be a very good fit to be fair to say it was cheap as chips ;)

Very happy & thanks for the help again... this was just a update on my progress :P

Good to hear Chris post up some pics to show it off!

Just a quick question, do you use the radios cage that comes with the radio? or do u screw on those plastic things & just use them?

I think you can do either but I discarded the cage and head unit surround and used the plastic bits attached to the side/facia adaptor and the surround that came with the facia adaptor. Think it looks much better and is more secure.

Just a quick question, do you use the radios cage that comes with the radio? or do u screw on those plastic things & just use them?

I think you can do either but I discarded the cage and head unit surround and used the plastic bits attached to the side/facia adaptor and the surround that came with the facia adaptor. Think it looks much better and is more secure.

yep same here only using the plastic stuff that came with the facia adaptor

Should be no need for the metal cage, just screw into the side of the radio.

EDIT: I should write quicker :blush:

Edited by lee_iceman

Lol no probs mate..thanks for your time to reply, I was just eager to get in before I went out ;)

I'm surprised all my dash and kick pannels all went back in neatly i'm usually poor at that.. the fascia looks really good to me 2 be honest & found those other parts(surround etc) so fits well thanks again for all ur help...

Pics up later hopefully maybe lunch time..

HU1.jpg

HU2.jpg

Edited by chrisis200

Lol no probs mate..thanks for your time to reply, I was just eager to get in before I went out ;)

I'm surprised all my dash and kick pannels all went back in neatly i'm usually poor at that.. the fascia looks really good to me 2 be honest & found those other parts(surround etc) so fits well thanks again for all ur help...

Pics up later hopefully maybe lunch time..

Looks Good Chris, i cant wait to get my head unit back and fitted. No music makes Dan go CRAZY :shutit:

Looking good Chris, what you think of the sound quality?

No music makes Dan go CRAZY :shutit:

lol, you should get it supercharged mate. I sometimes turn my stereo off just to hear the noise :devil:

:offtopic: Hmmmm dont tempt me! Galla4 is selling his! Bit out of my price range though!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links