Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Sc - To Be Or Not To Be - You Guys Think Many Black / Black Interi

SC-berks

Well, I put the deposit down got the dealership to bring it across the country and went and test drove a Black SC with black interior.. ( just what I wanted)

Darn previous owner. Yes, appeared to take it to the dealership at the right intervals.... but was a bit of smoker and the front seat, Black plastic around the Gear Shift, couple of places on the Drivers door......... have been Hot-Rocked. yes.. melted marks on plastic and Leather from burning embers of coal falling off his joint... Seams like the guy couldn't drive without a spliff in his/her mouth..

Argh. Argh. Argh.. had insurance already booked and debit card ready.

just left me with the feeling "the previous owner was Mr./Mrs. "doesn't give a *hit!" Not the most confidence enspiring purchase.

Dealership offered to change out the front seat for me.. but still left with a weird feeling about it so walked away to think about it. Still half tempting to buy the darn thing?? am I crazy? Should I stop being so picky about a car with 60K on the clock???

Back to the Question:: Will I find another Black on Black??

The Wife thought it was cute that the guy was a 'toker

Argh.

Well, I put the deposit down got the dealership to bring it across the country and went and test drove a Black SC with black interior.. ( just what I wanted)

Darn previous owner. Yes, appeared to take it to the dealership at the right intervals.... but was a bit of smoker and the front seat, Black plastic around the Gear Shift, couple of places on the Drivers door......... have been Hot-Rocked. yes.. melted marks on plastic and Leather from burning embers of coal falling off his joint... Seams like the guy couldn't drive without a spliff in his/her mouth..

just left me with the feeling "the previous owner was Mr./Mrs. "doesn't give a *hit!" Not the most confidence enspiring purchase.

Dealership offered to change out the front seat for me.. but still left with a weird feeling about it so walked away to think about it. Still half tempting to buy the darn thing?? am I crazy? Should I stop being so picky about a car with 60K on the clock???

Argh.

If the guy was a 'toker - hopefully he was too paranoid to thrash the car - 50mph probably felt like 100 to him, besides he'd probably be keen to avoid any attention from the boys in blue. If dealer is going to swap the seat - go and have another long look at it after a sleep on it and think again....

then come back and show photos if you get it :)

Thanks for the Very Positive take on it!! I like the way you think.

I think they want me to buy the car before they swap seats.. but I've seen the other seat and it's mint.

**Pics.. yep I will be doing this. I'm also going to put some custom alloys on it so should look really sweat.

So what if the car was taken to the garage at the right service intervals? Just means the service was done, doesn't mean he did everything the garage recommended he get changed!!

Personally, it's an expensive motor, and if the guy treated the interior like ***** by leaving cigarette burns here and there, I'd walk away. It certainly doesn't indicate to me that the car has been "pampered"...

ClaireG on the forum who sold me the GS I have now, didn't even her let her kids EAT in the back of the car, she was that much of a Lex enthusiast!

Don't be tempted to ignore the car's history just because it's black on black. There are other cars that will come up for sale. :D

caveat emptor as they say..

Guest inicol63

Argh.

I had my Sc 430 leather replaced have a look at the picture in post.

Well worth it i paid £1200 to have the leather replaced, i also had the Lexus logo embossed on the headrest.

I can get you the guys name that done mine.

Get a quote from him and get the dealer to reduce the car by that quote.

Only seen 1 other with black inside and outer, lady driver in Rayleigh Essex.

When you get it lets see some photo's.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!! IAN

Thanks for the Very Positive take on it!! I like the way you think.

I think they want me to buy the car before they swap seats.. but I've seen the other seat and it's mint.

**Pics.. yep I will be doing this. I'm also going to put some custom Alloys on it so should look really sweat.

Bear in mind though that none of us have seen the car - only you can really make the call. Maneesh's point could be just as valid.

All i would say though is: in the excitement and anticipation of a new motor if you find you've got concerns about a certain cosmetic aspect of the car now - well, once the excitiment has died down then those concerns will still be there and they'll feel much worse.

It's a lot of money and as maneesh says the best way to buy a car is from an owners forum becuase then you can check the history though the owner's posts and get a good idea of how it's been treated. i wish I'd got my car that way and will be doing it that way next time.

But for you SC's don't come up that often here....

As i said it's got to be your call cos you'll be the one living with it.

Let us know which way you go.

I guess it will still be quite an expensive car...

Maybe consider it as part of the serious haggling process.

There are companies that fix these kind of blemishes etc. Might be worth getting a quote first for its repair (although as rair a black on black SC is, I doubt its everyday there are people shopping around for an SC)...

D.

I guess it will still be quite an expensive car...

Maybe consider it as part of the serious haggling process.

There are companies that fix these kind of blemishes etc. Might be worth getting a quote first for its repair (although as rair a black on black SC is, I doubt its everyday there are people shopping around for an SC)...

D.

Im always on the look out for one! :winky:

You have a fair point though, and thats why they hold their value quite alot.

Argh.

Well worth it i paid £1200 to have the leather replaced, i also had the Lexus logo embossed on the headrest.

I see yours is Blue Ian. I found a 53 reg with 13K on the clock.. they are claiming Metallic Gala Blue ( Paint code 8P4CarloBlue ) Is that the same as Montrose Blue??

Thanks,

Rob

Guest inicol63

Argh.

I see yours is Blue Ian. I found a 53 reg with 13K on the clock.. they are claiming Metallic Gala Blue ( Paint code 8P4CarloBlue ) Is that the same as Montrose Blue??

Thanks,

Rob

Rob I thought that the only blue that came to the UK was Windsor blue and Montrose Blue i will check my one colour in the morning as it is dark and raining now.

Maybe some of the other guys on the forum may no if this is true.

I maybe tempted into selling mine at the right price.

You would always be welcome to come out for a drive in mine, to help you see the differance between models.

Good luck with your search, and dont hand over your hard earned cash on nothing less than you set your sights on..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links