Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Radio Error Code

• 1 month later...
This error problem, I've got It, I spoke to lexus And they said that the manufacturers of the cd changer have increased the warranty period, but they did'nt say how much of an increase

I think it was increased from 3 years to 5 years, so If your car is any older than 2002 it won't be covered now.

This error problem, I've got It, I spoke to lexus And they said that the manufacturers of the cd changer have increased the warranty period, but they did'nt say how much of an increase

I think it was increased from 3 years to 5 years, so If your car is any older than 2002 it won't be covered now.

you are right, got a call today, but I forgot to say that Its already a ex unit. I wonder If that changes the warranty

you are right, got a call today, but I forgot to say that Its already a ex unit. I wonder If that changes the warranty

Had the same problem - Error 1 with the occasional CD playing.

Popped in CD head cleaner and all my troubles were over - player worked perfectly - for about a week.

Then it failed two spit out two original "Clannad" CDs, told me only there was only one CD inside, made nasty clunking noises and then displayed the dreaded Error3. Since then - about two months ago - nothing has changed! X reg so way beyond warranty. Considered a matches or hammer solution then capitulated and changed to playing tapes - a bit Third World!

Had the same problem - Error 1 with the occasional CD playing.

Popped in CD head cleaner and all my troubles were over - player worked perfectly - for about a week.

Then it failed two spit out two original "Clannad" CDs, told me only there was only one CD inside, made nasty clunking noises and then displayed the dreaded Error3. Since then - about two months ago - nothing has changed! X reg so way beyond warranty. Considered a matches or hammer solution then capitulated and changed to playing tapes - a bit Third World!

It's really easy to get the cd's out, just a bit of patience and and a small screwdriver. mine did the 'dreaded err3' I took the cd's out and 6months down the line Iv'e had no problems.

lift up and unclip the felt pad above the centre air vents

undo the 2x 10mm bolts

pull firmly the air vents out.

undo the two 10mm bolts that were under there

pul the heater switches out from underneath sliding towards you

undo the 2x 10mm bolts that were behind them

NOW V IMPORTANT, MASKING TAPE up either side the air con unit and the stereo on the dash

lift the stereo and air con out carefully as to not damage the dash

unclip the connectors from the back

undo the the stereo from the side brackets (again bolts and I think they were 10mm if i remember right, about 6 in total) and take off

you will need a small posidrive screw driver

I think there is 2 small screws in the back and side to undo the top metal cover

there is a sring mecanism that clamps the cd trays down, its two springs, one from each side of the metal bar and the go down the side and fold in along the bottom and join together in the middle under the cd's, it is not a problem if it pings out because it is very easy to re-connect, you will have to unconnect one side and try not to let it undo then you will be able to acces the cd's, just flex them and they should just pull out, you may need to cut them out (depending wich tray it's in and where the lazer has stopped) just use some scissors, (£10 cd is cheaper than £500 stereo)

reverse process and put back in car, toggle through the empty cd's and the err3 should dissapear and the display that tells you what cd slots are full dissapear.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links