Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Swapping Standard Is 200 Engine For A Supra Single Turbo

vinokirk

Bit out there i know but...

How hard would it be too swap my standard engine for a Supra single turbo engine?

How much would an engine be? Would it be better too buy a rear crashed doner Supra?

What ECU would i use and how hard would that be to fit in an IS200?

Would it fit relatively straight in?

Is there someone who has done it before? Was it Moster-Mat for Team Japsai?

Thanks people

There's a lot of work to do if you're thinking of transplanting a 2JZ-GTE into the IS200, it's in no way a straight swap, just look at the work that had to be done on Mat and Gavin's cars, there is a lot of custom fabrication involved!

Also another thing to thing of is that Mat suffered traction problems with the white car due to the back of the car not being quite right for the amount of the power, if you go with a single turbo, I assume you're after > 450bhp so seeing as the torque on the 2JZ-GTE is pretty similar to the power you'd struggle to keep traction, I find it no problem lighting up the tyres on the Aristo currently and that's a couple of hundred kg heavier than an IS so no idea how that would respond to the amount of power being put through the wheels!

I'd love to have done what you're thinking of, but being realistic if you've already been banned for six months with a standard IS do you really want to tempt fate and go down the route of making your car stupidly quick so that you can lose your license even longer just for the sake of 12 seconds of madness?

With what you're thinking of you would be hitting double the 30 limit in 5 seconds or less if you get traction, is it really worth going through with this?

I've not had the Aristo delimited as I know that I can hit the limiter on slip roads onto the motorway, and it doesn't feel like you're going quick at all, so it's better for me to leave it in place so I know that I've got less chance of doing something silly!

Hey mate! Nice too see youve got the aristo! Sh*t i didnt reilise i would be looking at 450bhp, i was just thinking it would be a nice project for 2007 seeing as i have a steady income now :). oh well might look at something different now.

It would be a nice project mate, just be careful with the right foot, it's surprsing how quick these engines get you to silly speeds, would be a nice project :D

If you do it mate just be really really careful with the right foot!

It might be worth you nipping over to the MKIV Supra forums, www.mkivsupra.net and having a read, cars with BPU, which are basic mods like exhaust, sparks, decat, FCD and boost restrictor ring / boost controller are running nearly the 400bhp mark, anything higher and that's where you start to look to go single so that's where I pulled that 450bhp figure from, would love to have a single on the Aristo as when you see the Supes with the single pull once on boost it's pretty damned impressive!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links